Enjoy HD audio and UHD /HDR video playback, the easy way.
Watch 4K and 3D video without needing expensive players, FOR FREE.
Listen to TrueHD Atmos and DTSx MASTER audio using HDMI to your AVR.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs.
The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
Standalone, pure 64Bit Codec installers are available, Here!
The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of Shark007 Codecs.
amr | mpc | divx | mka | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogm | rmvb | xvid | y4m
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
^^ 18 million readers ^^
with 17,000 registered forum members
Things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification builtin
5. Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
6. Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
7. Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files on Windows 8.1
8. Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
9. Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
10. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
11. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool builtin.
12. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
I have also released x64 versions of the settings application so these codec adjustments are completely independent of each other and can co-exist together on x64 systems.
ADVANCED CodecsThe Settings Application is 100% UAC compliant.
Restricted access is enforced. (User Account Control)
The Application allows each user to maintain individual codec settings while at the same time seamlessly integrating any administrative commands directly into the users account. New users accounts are detected upon opening the Application and automatically inherit the Administrators settings.
Please use the menu across the top of the page and listed to the left to navigate this website.
To directly contact the developer, Shark007, click the donation button to reveal an email address.
You can also choose to use the Forums to seek assistance on an individual basis or leave comment.
CONVENIENT LINKS PROVIDED FOR DOWNLOAD:
All pages contain download links for each product.
Adding files to the Windows Media Player Playlist On the Help TAB of both Settings Applications is a button to allow you to choose Windows Media Player Filetype Associations. Once you have used this button, you can Enqueue newly associated files to the Windows Media Player Playlist as depicted below. If for some reason this doesn't work for you, go back to the associations button, click No twice, consecutively, then select Yes. No reboot is required.
This will also work for audio files such as FLAC, APE or musepack.
When dealing with codecs, more does not equal better.
Having the least amount on your system is the best configuration.
This is exactly what these codec releases will do for you.
ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 10/8.1/7 ARE AVAILABLE - Version 11.5.8
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders to choose from.
Upgrade installations are fully functional!
STANDARD Codecs for Windows 10/8.1/7 ARE AVAILABLE - Version 7.9.8
The STANDARD release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles.
Installers containing only 64bit Codecs are
available from the
These installers fully support HDR and 3D playback - out of the box!