These releases come with a simple installer giving you control of what gets installed onto your system.
Once installed, a powerful, yet simple to use GUI is available, giving you full control of the codecs.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline.
To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several depricated codecs and the SetACL dependency.
I hope you enjoy these new releases and can find the time to send a small donation in support of continued maintainance into the future.
Top 10 features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance ot the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. All user accounts are automatically setup and can be updated with a single click on the Misc TAB
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Since allowing the user to choose the Application background color (with random selection too), I have also added a way for you to personalize the Application even further with the introduction of the file called .\Tools\user.jpg. This 110x110 jpeg can be changed as you wish. Any picture or logo. Upgrade installations will not overwrite this file. It will use my logo shark.jpg with the default color and your pic, user.jpg, with any other color. This color, 98A66E (enter the hexidecimal number on the Misc TAB), works well with the default user.jpg
Watch 4K and 3D video without needing expensive players, FOR FREE.
Listen to TrueHD Atmos and DTSx MASTER audio using HDMI to your AVR.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs.
The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
Standalone 64Bit installers with MPC-BE player and madVR included are available, Here!
The following are a few filetypes enabled and supported by the installation of Shark007 Codecs.
amr | mpc | divx | mka | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogm | rmvb | xvid | y4m
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
^^ over 18 million readers ^^
with 17,000 registered forum members
Top 10 things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification builtin
5. Simple installer; allows user to choose what to install, and where.
6. Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
7. Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool builtin.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
Restricted access is enforced.
The Application allows each user to maintain individual codec settings while at the same time seamlessly integrating any administrative commands directly into the users account. New users accounts are detected upon opening the Application and automatically inherit the Administrators settings.
Please use the menu across the top of the page and listed to the left to navigate this website.
To directly contact the developer, Shark007, click the donation button to reveal an email address.
You can also choose to use the Forums to seek assistance on an individual basis or leave comment.
CONVENIENT LINKS PROVIDED FOR DOWNLOAD:
All pages contain download links for each product.
MajorGeeks is the only authorized distributor.
When dealing with codecs, more does not equal better.
Having the least amount on your system is the best configuration.
This is exactly what these codec releases will do for you.
ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 10/8.1/7 ARE AVAILABLE - Version 13.3.5
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders to choose from.
Upgrade installations are fully functional!
With the newly enabled Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and restore it after upgrading.
STANDARD Codecs for Windows 10/8.1/7 ARE AVAILABLE - Version 9.7.5
The STANDARD release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles.
Installers containing only 64bit Codecs are
available from the
These installers fully support HDR and 3D playback - out of the box!