Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several depricated codecs. I hope you enjoy these new releases and can find the time to send a small donation in support of continued maintainance into the future.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline.
To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Top 10 features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance ot the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. All Existing and any new user accounts are detected and automatically setup and updated
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Since allowing the user to choose the Application background color,
I've also added a way for you to personalize the Application even further with the introduction of
the file called .\Tools\user.jpg. This 110x110 jpeg can be changed as you wish. Any picture or logo.
Although Upgrade installations will reset the backgrounf color, they will not overwrite this file.
It will use my logo shark.jpg with the default color and your pic, user.jpg, with any other color.
This color, a2cbbd (enter the hexidecimal number on the Misc TAB), works well with the default user.jpg
The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
The following are a few filetypes enabled and supported by the installation of Shark007 Codecs.
amr | mpc | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogm | rmvb | xvid | y4m
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Top 10 things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification builtin
5. Simple installer; allows user to choose what to install, and where.
6. Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
7. Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool builtin.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
^^ over 18 million readers ^^
with 17,000 registered forum members
The Settings Application is 100% UAC compliant.
Restricted access is enforced. (User Account Control)
The Application allows each user to maintain individual codec settings while at the same time seamlessly integrating any administrative commands directly into the users account. New users accounts are detected upon opening the Application and automatically inherit the Administrators settings.
Adding files to the Windows Media Player Playlist
On the Help TAB of the Settings Application is a button to allow you to choose Windows Media Player
Filetype Associations. Once you have used this button, you can Enqueue newly associated files to the Windows Media Player Playlist as depicted below. If for some reason this doesn't work for you, go back to the associations button, click No twice, consecutively, then select Yes. No reboot is required.
Codecs have been a problem for most users at one time or another. This is because there has never been an 'out of the box' working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning. There are several decent codec package solutions out there, but none of them did everything I wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a re-installation just to get the codecs I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn't play properly. This frustration was the basis for me to begin making a codecpack that works with ALL players.
The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive windows media center setup package. For a list of all things automatically uninstalled by the installer, Click Here. After installation completes, check the box for [x] SUGGESTED settings and Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
It does not contain a media player and it does not associate file-types. With the ADVANCED Codec package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers. Advanced codec users have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of all the best codecs available.
Distribution file information: MajorGeeks receives the distribution file directly
It is currently 49.9MB and has an MD5 of 0b22d440c28db9a91c63eebca67ce232
notable updates (current):
- update LAV filters 0.74.1.26
- update MPC-BE filters 18.104.22.16836
- update MediaInfo DLL 19.9
- update Icaros 3.1.1B2
- All existing and future user accounts setup/updated automatically
- Allow the user to change the Application background color
- Fully functional Save | Restore settings feature is automated
- Remember Application screen positioning
- Live Syncronization of 32/64bit Applications for shared settings
- fully support 3D MVC playback - see Setup and usage for more info
UPGRADE installations are fully functional!
With the newly enabled Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored during an upgrade.