-->>Setup and usage<<--          
About Icaros
(03-16-2012, 04:30 PM)Xanashi Wrote:  Lenmaer, in what way is the config panel reversed?

My bad.
The config panel is OK.

(03-16-2012, 04:39 PM)Lenmaer Wrote:  My bad.
The config panel is OK.

No problem ^_^
The PropertyHandler is working. I guess that doesn't depend on the other DLLs?

I noticed that it showed "Header compression" as value for "Video compression". Seems a bit weird to me. Would make more sense to use the value of "Content ID" there instead.
(03-16-2012, 06:03 PM)BitTech Wrote:  The PropertyHandler is working. I guess that doesn't depend on the other DLLs?

You guessed right, it doesn't. I just needed to know, if the problem was only affecting the Thumbnail Provider.
I will probably prepare a debug build sometime tomorrow, unless I figure something out in the meantime.

(03-16-2012, 06:03 PM)BitTech Wrote:  I noticed that it showed "Header compression" as value for "Video compression". Seems a bit weird to me. Would make more sense to use the value of "Content ID" there instead.

Compression == Compression, doesn't seem logical? Undecided
Tbh, I just used whatever properties MS had already provided.
Wasn't too keen on writing more code, just to add one or two custom properties.
Well, I found one bug but that may be related to windows.
Icaros doesn't generate thumbnails if the directory pass/length has more than 255 characters.
Though the native windows 7 one does generate thumbnails on directories pass/length that have more than 255 characters.
(03-17-2012, 06:28 AM)Lenmaer Wrote:  Well, I found one bug but that may be related to windows.
Icaros doesn't generate thumbnails if the directory pass/length has more than 255 characters.
Though the native windows 7 one does generate thumbnails on directories pass/length that have more than 255 characters.

Hmm... interesting bug, but I can't seem to reproduce it.
How did you produce the bug?
(03-17-2012, 06:45 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  
(03-17-2012, 06:28 AM)Lenmaer Wrote:  Well, I found one bug but that may be related to windows.

Hmm... interesting bug, but I can't seem to reproduce it.
How did you produce the bug?

Like that:
Quote:F:\Usenet\[애갤-Raws] OVA Eiyuu Densetsu -Sora no Kiseki- THE ANIMATION (BD 1920x1080 x264 AAC)\[Yousei-raws] Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki The Animation (Vol 1) [BDrip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC]\[Yousei-raws] Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki The Animation NCOP [BDrip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC].mkv

MKVs in that folder don't generate thumbnails, only mp4 do.
If I shorten the pass to
Quote:F:\Usenet\[애갤-Raws] OVA Eiyuu Densetsu -Sora no Kiseki- THE ANIMATION (BD 1920x1080 x264 AAC)\[Yousei-raws] Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki The Animation\[Yousei-raws] Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki The Animation NCOP [BDrip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC].mkv
Then the MKV thumbnails are generated.

Also the MKVs in that folder have their headers stripped (Don't know if that info might be useful).
(03-16-2012, 06:18 PM)Xanashi Wrote:  Compression == Compression, doesn't seem logical? Undecided
Tbh, I just used whatever properties MS had already provided.
Wasn't too keen on writing more code, just to add one or two custom properties.
Header compression has nothing to do with video compression. I would expect the FourCC/CodecID of the video stream as value for that field.

Hey guys! Sorry for the long Hiatus. Was being grounded at work Big Grin Anyways. Just installed the new icaros. Holy sweet mother of speed. Great work Xanashi. Initially all file types load much quicker than before. Will test more and get back to you but GREAT JOB man!
Codecs: Haali Splitter, LAV filters (latest), MPC-HC, madVR, Reclock.
Another bug:

-explorer.exe continuously reads file with high cpu usage, no thumbnail is generated.
-mediainfo cant get file info

here is mediainfo from potplayer: http://pastebin.com/6PhGEGcf

if i remux file with mkvmerge problem is solved. it wont help you much but here is sample from remuxed version : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57867163/tc-019.mkv