-->>Setup and usage<<--          
About Icaros
(11-28-2011, 04:13 AM)cengizhan Wrote:  sometimes if you move or open a file in a folder when thumbnails are being generated, explorer crashes.

Same bug :-)
Keep an eye on this thread, I'll post a new build here soon.
So as promised, I have another build ready for testing.
This is actually a major update as this build also introduces a new shell extension, that will be known as Icaros Property Handler.

Icaros Property Handler is an MKV property shell extension.
It will add properties such as length(duration), width, height, framerate, channels and sampling frequency to Windows Explorer,
that will be visible in tooltips, preview details, full details (right-click properties), whenever a user clicks or hovers an mkv file.

It will even provide some custom properties, such as; compression (header stripping, zlib etc.), content info, creation application and creation date.

This build also contains various improvements and fixes to Icaros Thumbnail Provider and IcarosConfig.
Get it here:
EDIT by Shark007; The download was removed pending a fix for Explorer crashes on 32bit Operating Systems
Thanks for testing!

Changelog for 1.3.0
[NEW] Icaros Property Handler
- Adds various properties to MKV files in Explorer

Icaros Thumbnail Provider
- Fixed rare crash
- Fixed rare stride related issue
- Various small improvements and fixes

IcarosConfig
- Moved loading of libraries (dlls) to a background thread
- Seemingly faster startup times
- Dynamic loading of shell extensions

The dynamic loading in IcarosConfig simply means that IcarosConfig will load and use whatever shell extension that is available.
I might reconsider this implementation in the future.

There is quite a bit of changes, so please look out for any regressions and report them here.
Feedback is welcome :-)

@reddevil & cengizhan
Give it another try with this build ;-)

Enjoy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks!

No problem so far.
Wow, there has been a lot of releases since the beta release of Icaros. I'm still using the beta version but recently I been having issue with explorer crashing each time files are moved to a folder and have it generate a thumbnail all at the same time. It seems like transferring a file while having it generate a thumbnail is a bit too much for explorer to handle.

Since the old thread was deleted I'm kinda lost on how to do a "successful" upgrade since the last time I upgraded, it was just a complete nightmare and nothing of Icaros was working for me. Which resulted in me using the beta version until now.
(11-28-2011, 06:29 PM)BlackPhantom Wrote:  Wow, there has been a lot of releases since the beta release of Icaros.

There has. And it's really recommended to upgrade.

To successfully upgrade, do the following:

1. Open IcarosConfig.exe, click Deactivate.

2. Restart Explorer or log out/in of Windows or restart the computer

3. Remove the old version either via uninstall (if you used an installer to install it) or by deleting the files.

4. Now download the version from my previous post, extract it, open IcarosConfig.exe and click Register. Done. :-)

Please note that there is a problem with the latest version and 32-bit OS', so if you're on a 32-bit OS, please remove IcarosPropertyHandler.dll from the directory for now.

Also update to latest version of LAV. ( version .42)
Where is it?
Edit: Never mind just saw Shark007's comment.
Hi everyone,

Here is a little update on the 32-bit bug.
I've finally located the source of the problem, and got Icaros Property Handler working on Windows 7 32-bit.

I need to perform a bit more testing before I can release 1.3.0, so please wait a bit longer.

Thanks for all your feedback.
Just FYI: LAVFilters 0.41 is out.

(11-30-2011, 11:03 AM)reddevil Wrote:  Just FYI: LAVFilters 0.41 is out.

there is NO NEED to inform xanashi or myself of codec updates/releases.

btw, .42 is the current release of the LAV filters.
(11-28-2011, 07:43 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  So as promised, I have another build ready for testing.
This is actually a major update as this build also introduces a new shell extension, that will be known as Icaros Property Handler.

Icaros Property Handler is an MKV property shell extension.
It will add properties such as length(duration), width, height, framerate, channels and sampling frequency to Windows Explorer,
that will be visible in tooltips, preview details, full details (right-click properties), whenever a user clicks or hovers an mkv file.

It will even provide some custom properties, such as; compression (header stripping, zlib etc.), content info, creation application and creation date.

This build also contains various improvements and fixes to Icaros Thumbnail Provider and IcarosConfig.
Get it here: Removed in Lieu of an official release on MajorGeeks (editted by Shark007)
Thanks for testing!

Changelog for 1.3.0
[NEW] Icaros Property Handler
- Adds various properties to MKV files in Explorer

Icaros Thumbnail Provider
- Fixed rare crash
- Fixed rare stride related issue
- Various small improvements and fixes

IcarosConfig
- Moved loading of libraries (dlls) to a background thread
- Seemingly faster startup times
- Dynamic loading of shell extensions

The dynamic loading in IcarosConfig simply means that IcarosConfig will load and use whatever shell extension that is available.
I might reconsider this implementation in the future.

There is quite a bit of changes, so please look out for any regressions and report them here.
Feedback is welcome :-)

@reddevil & cengizhan
Give it another try with this build ;-)

Enjoy!

The 32bit crash has been fixed so, here is a REPOST
This IS NOT an official build or an official release. It is for testing purposes ONLY.