-->>Setup and usage<<--          
About Icaros
I went and deactivate Icaros and Reactivate it. The speed didn't change.

As for the value, this is what I got: {c5aec3ec-e812-4677-a9a7-4fee1f9aa000}
(03-20-2012, 04:08 PM)BlackPhantom Wrote:  I went and deactivate Icaros and Reactivate it. The speed didn't change.

As for the value, this is what I got: {c5aec3ec-e812-4677-a9a7-4fee1f9aa000}

All fine then.
What's the specs of these files. Is it HD files? Filesize?
Is it slower at generating than with 1.3.2?
The files are 1080p with file size ranging from 600mb-1 gig.

It seems as though the upgrade didn't really work. I restarted my computer just recently and Icaros is no longer generating thumbnails. So I guess, the speed of my thumbnail generating was still v1.3 speed even though I upgraded to 2.0. I just can't seem to get 2.0 to work. Weird.
(03-20-2012, 04:24 PM)BlackPhantom Wrote:  It seems as though the upgrade didn't really work. I restarted my computer just recently and Icaros is no longer generating thumbnails. So I guess, the speed of my thumbnail generating was still v1.3 speed even though I upgraded to 2.0. I just can't seem to get 2.0 to work. Weird.

Weird indeed. Undecided

During the install, when you were prompted to restart Explorer, did you then click "No"?
That would explain why 1.3.2, was still actively running, until the restart occurred.

Shiro is currently assisting me in finding the error. Let's hope we succeed. :-)
They're was no prompt for me to restart explorer when I was installing 2.0 beta 3 over my current Icaros.

I'm also using 1.3.0 not 1.3.2 if that helps. After I couldn't get 2.0 to work, I went and uninstalled it WHICH then prompts me to restart explorer but I chose "no" and decided to restart my computer after the uninstall. After the restart, I just reinstalled v1.3.0.

Thanks guys for putting in so much time in trouble shooting this for me. I mean I don't mind my current v1.3.0 but 2.0 seems to be a lot better.
(03-20-2012, 04:46 PM)BlackPhantom Wrote:  They're was no prompt for me to restart explorer when I was installing 2.0 beta 3 over my current Icaros.

I'm also using 1.3.0 not 1.3.2 if that helps. After I couldn't get 2.0 to work, I went and uninstalled it WHICH then prompts me to restart explorer but I chose "no" and decided to restart my computer after the uninstall. After the restart, I just reinstalled v1.3.0.

Thanks guys for putting in so much time in trouble shooting this for me. I mean I don't mind my current v1.3.0 but 2.0 seems to be a lot better.

Ah okay, don't quite know why it still used 1.3.0.

If you have the time could you test a modified build for me?

Edit: Hold that thought. Shiro just made a discovery. :-)
Well, feel free to post any builds that might fix my problem and I'll give a try. I'm also not too keen on installing and uninstalling as well as restarting my computer several times but I'm willing to test builds once in a while just to see if it works for me.

Thanks guys.
Shiro and I seems to have worked it out ;-)

It's getting kind of late here, so I will hopefully get back with a build tomorrow,
for everyone to test with.

Thanks again, Shiro.
I found one bug with small MKV files.
Thumbnails aren't generated.
Here is the original MP4 (that generates thumbnails)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v02fh3

Here is the same one remuxed into a MKV
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7fn13

Explorer doesn't even try to generate one, and if I add bigger MKVs into the same folder, then only those will get their thumbnails generated.
@Lenmaer
Thanks for the sample ^_^

I had a couple of other samples with similar behavior.
I'm quite sure I know what's causing it, and it should be pretty easy to fix.
I'll see, if I can make it before the next beta is out.

@All
The problem some of you experienced in 2.0, where the thumbnail provider seemed idle,
was caused by a missing C Runtime Library. A rather stupid mistake on my part.

Now, I currently have two options when it comes to the implementation,
and I would like to hear your opinions on the matter.

1. The first option is to add the missing library, msvcr100.dll (~600 Kb), directly in Icaros' distribution,
meaning it will be added to whatever directory Icaros is installed into.

2. The second option is to let the installer install the VC++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (~5-11 Mb),
in case it is not already present on the users system.
Keep in mind that this redist will already be present in many systems,
as it's very common for C++ applications to depend upon these libraries.

Now before you answer consider this:

Installing the redist using the installer would be a one time only operation,
and it would work for any other C++ application that would also require the same dependencies,
as I mentioned before.

Also, if another program had installed the redist beforehand, Icaros wouldn't have to do anything,
this was the case for many of us that didn't have any problems with the previous 2.0 betas.

Having the dll added directly in the distro, would be a permanent addition,
which would have to be re-downloaded every time, and no other app would benefit from it.

Now, for those whom had trouble with 2.0, and want to test if this solution works for them, before I release the next beta,
please try installing the VC++ Redist on your system(s):

x86 version: [A newer version has been posted]
x64 version: [A newer version has been posted]