04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: About Icaros
Once again another release has been inexplicably delayed,
so I believe it's about time, Icaros 2.0 gets out to the general public.
This build contains a few new fixes and improvements here and there, like;
fix for gray thumbnails, fix for mkvs with no video stream, and a couple of other things.
It also contains a small new feature, which I will write about in a followup post, later.
Here is the proposed changelog for Icaros 2.0 Final:
[ Icaros v.2.0.0 ]
- [NEW] Implemented new extraction core based on FFmpeg
- Highly improved thumbnail generation speed
- Moved all Thumbnailing to isolated process
- Lightweigth: More memory and CPU effecient
- Maintains aspect ratio in thumbnails
- No more tearing artifacts
- Supports more formats
- No longer depends on LAV
- Greater overall stability
- No more DirectShow conflicts
- Improved IcarosConfig startup checks
- Switch ContentID and Video Compression property fields
- Installer allows upgrading now
- Installer can now automatically install VC++ 2010 SP1 Redist if missing
- IcarosConfig can download and install the VC++ 2010 SP1 Redist if missing
- Bug with some unicode filenames fixed
- Icaros can now thumbnail files on network drives
- Plus many more overall improvements and fixes...
Icaros 2.0 Installer: Download
Icaros 2.0 Portable: Download
If anything is missing from the changelog, let me know. ^_^
If no regressions are found, this build will become the FINAL, and be released ASAP.
After the final is released, I can finally continue implementing all the new features,
and hopefully get some new testing builds out soon.
Have you activated it via IcarosConfig, yet?
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
|Messages In This Thread|
RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 04-26-2012 11:56 AM
Net Framework 4 error in event log due to Icaros thumnails - robertden - 02-16-2013, 11:09 AM