-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Adding ogg/opus properties support? (Vorbis comments)
Thanks again for implementing tak/wavpack property handler! We are now only missing ogg vorbis and opus properties support. ogg seems to be treated as an .ogm video file instead, opus lacks the support completely.

Both formats use vorbis comments just like flac, so it shouldn't be much work to add support for these too... whenever you feel like it.
(09-18-2014, 02:17 PM)Soukyuu Wrote: Thanks again for implementing tak/wavpack property handler! We are now only missing ogg vorbis and opus properties support. ogg seems to be treated as an .ogm video file instead, opus lacks the support completely.

Both formats use vorbis comments just like flac, so it shouldn't be much work to add support for these too... whenever you feel like it.

As you have guessed already, ogg, ogm, and ogv are currently handled the same way.
I currently don't have a lot of ogg audio files, but I'll see, what I can do,
to change it's behavior to be more like the other music formats.

I don't have any opus files, atm.
I'll take a look at it when I can find the time.

Unfortunately, adding these new formats isn't all copy/paste.
Each new format needs to be parsed individually, to extract many of
the important properties, like: duration, channel count, sample rate, bit depth, and bitrate.
But as long as the specifications are open, and fairly straight forward,
it usually isn't an issue. ;)
windows explorer has artist, album colums for mp3, wma and mp4 files.

is it possible add column handlers for opus, ogg etc with icaros?
(09-28-2014, 12:44 PM)cengizhan Wrote: windows explorer has artist, album colums for mp3, wma and mp4 files.

Are you talking about actual "Column Handlers" as used in Windows XP,
or do you mean, if it's possible to add columns for the various properties in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 etc.?

If it's the last request, then you should already be able to do that, without much effort.
You can right-click the columns bar in any folder you have and select whatever columns you'd like to have in that folder.

It should already be possible to view most columns for ogg files.
(10-10-2014, 12:13 PM)Xanashi Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 12:44 PM)cengizhan Wrote: windows explorer has artist, album colums for mp3, wma and mp4 files.

Are you talking about actual "Column Handlers" as used in Windows XP,
or do you mean, if it's possible to add columns for the various properties in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 etc.?

If it's the last request, then you should already be able to do that, without much effort.
You can right-click the columns bar in any folder you have and select whatever columns you'd like to have in that folder.

It should already be possible to view most columns for ogg files.
as column handlers. when i open a folder in explorer; all music files' album informations are displayed for mp3, mp4 and wma formats. but not all formats like opus and ogg are supported.
(09-18-2014, 02:45 PM)Xanashi Wrote: I don't have any opus files, atm.
I'll take a look at it when I can find the time.
It's very easy to produce .opus files, just using foobar2000 for encoding is OK Wink

(09-18-2014, 02:45 PM)Xanashi Wrote: But as long as the specifications are open, and fairly straight forward,
it usually isn't an issue. Wink
It should be already for opus?
http://www.opus-codec.org/

or I'm too naive? I really don't know the tech complex...