-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Audio Codec DTS-HD
Hello,

I must commend the developers because this program is amazing and a lifesaver!

However, I have a small question/request please.

Currently, Icaros will display the audio codec under "Audio Tracks", and will even show the number of channels. 
However, it seems to support every codec except DTS-HD Master. Even Dolby TrueHD is displayed.

Am I missing something or is the feature simply not implemented as of yet?

Any information would be appreciated. 

Thanks.
Can you post a screenshot?
If you have a look at Avengers - Age of Ultron, it's audio is DTS-HD Master 7.1, however the audio track column only shows it as DTS, not DTS-HD.

All other other audio codes display fine. 

Screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi onkytonk,

After reading this thread I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't already added this.
So looked through my code and well, it turns out that the reason why it wasn't added already
was because it wasn't very easy to add. :D

Detecting DTS-HD tracks in MKV files is surprisingly difficult, due to the fact that the MKV header
doesn't store any information about the format of the DTS track.
So the only way to actually determine if a DTS track in an MKV file is DTS(-HD) (MA/HRA/Express)
is by parsing the track itself. 

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to implement this,
but alternatively I could make Icaros assume that any DTS track with 8 channels is a DTS-HD track.
This wouldn't be very accurate and there could still be DTS tracks with fewer than 8 channels that
could be DTS-HD tracks, but it might still be more accurate than it is now.
(05-16-2016, 01:17 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi onkytonk,

After reading this thread I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't already added this.
So looked through my code and well, it turns out that the reason why it wasn't added already
was because it wasn't very easy to add. Big Grin

Detecting DTS-HD tracks in MKV files is surprisingly difficult, due to the fact that the MKV header
doesn't store any information about the format of the DTS track.
So the only way to actually determine if a DTS track in an MKV file is DTS(-HD) (MA/HRA/Express)
is by parsing the track itself. 

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to implement this,
but alternatively I could make Icaros assume that any DTS track with 8 channels is a DTS-HD track.
This wouldn't be very accurate and there could still be DTS tracks with fewer than 8 channels that
could be DTS-HD tracks, but it might still be more accurate than it is now.

For some reason, this thread never notified me of the post. So sorry for the delayed response.

Anyway, you are correct in saying that there are many files with 5.1/6.1 channels that are DTS-HD. 
When viewing my movie folder, if I select the "Audio Tracks" column to arrange the files based on their audio tracks, the DTS 7.1 tracks are separated anyway, so thats not the issue. It's actually finding the other 5.1 DTS-HD files that are hidden amongst the rest of the "DTS 5.1" that are very hard to find. 

Again, this isn't a huge issue amongst a program that is already doing more than I could wish for, but just a minor annoyance. 

Thanks again for all your work.
(06-08-2016, 11:04 PM)onkytonk Wrote: Again, this isn't a huge issue amongst a program that is already doing more than I could wish for, but just a minor annoyance. 

Thanks again for all your work.

I definitely intend to fix this as soon as I can find the time. ;)