-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Blacklisting in LAV Filter?
I've been having a problem with a freeware game caled Super Mario Bros X and LAV Splitter. When I open the game, dozens of copies of LAV Splitter appear in my system tray. When right-clicked, they show that they're there processing an MP3 file. I'm assuming that the game plays multiple MP3s as sound effects, and this plays havoc with filters? The game sadly isn't being updated by its original developer anymore, and the people now working on it don't seem to know much about the inner workings of the game, so they've been less than helpful.

I'm assuming that my best option is to blacklist the game using the LAV settings in registry. However, I've added a DWORD entry called smbx.exe with a value of 1 in all 6 ares of the registry called "Blacklist" under LAV filters (2 each for Audio, Splitter, and Video... I'm assuming one is for 32 bit and one for 64 bit OS?) and restarted the PC, but the dozens of copies of LAV Splitter have continued to show up. I tried opening Task Manager to see if another process was opening when SMBX runs, but I didn't see anything.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?
On the Misc TAB is a checkbox to disable the LAV splitter
give that a try

Also know, v509 (and only v509) had a problem with the LAV blacklist and that was corrected in v510
So.... if you are using v509, that is why your efforts to blacklist smbx.exe didn't take.

let me know if 510 works by adding smbx.exe to the blacklist and I'll add smbx.exe to the permanent list.
(02-28-2015, 03:32 PM)Shark007 Wrote: On the Misc TAB is a checkbox to disable the LAV splitter
give that a try

Also know, v509 (and only v509) had a problem with the LAV blacklist and that was corrected in v510
So.... if you are using v509, that is why your efforts to blacklist smbx.exe didn't take.

let me know if 510 works by adding smbx.exe to the blacklist and I'll add smbx.exe to the permanent list.

I *was* using v509! I upgraded to 510, and it works perfectly. Thanks for your help!