-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Can't get all my video formats to work at the same time
Video 
Not sure if this is the right place to post but this has been bugging me for a while now. 

I have Windows 7 pro 64 bit and I use a 64 bit version of Firefox Quantum version 63.0.1. My current problem is that I can't playback any of my .TS files. If I disable Microsoft's video and audio decoders they play fine but then I lose the ability to play back some youtube videos and I am greeted with an error message "your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video"

I also have a problem with MKV if it contains 7.1 Dolby True HD. The video won't play unless I place a check mark to set ffdshow merit to normal. I can get both the TS files and MKV files that have 7.1 True HD to play if I disable Microsoft's audio and video codecs and make sure ffdshow merit is set to normal with the check mark but certain youtube videos still put up that error.

Do I need to get a 32 bit browser to have my cake and eat it too?
(11-09-2018, 04:53 PM)staticx106 Wrote: Do I need to get a 32 bit browser to have my cake and eat it too?

This is the only way.
Separate your browsing vs player bitness. This way, the settings do not overlap.