-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Cannot get MKV files to play
I am running a HTPC using an AVR with HDMI out on windows 7 64 bit, Windows media center, Emby , and MPC-BE as an external player,using Shark’s Advanced Codecs. 

When I try to open the MKV file using Emby and MPC-BE I get cannot render the file.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Uninstall the codecs, mpc-be player (and madVR if installed).

Install the ADVANCED x64ComponentsPM (no 32bit codecs installed with this release)
That installer contains a pre-configured version of MPC-BE that uses LAV filters with madVR setup as the renderer.
Do not make any settings changes - test with a completely default installation.

get Emby to use this specific player installed to this path... C:\Program Files\Shark007\MPC-BE64
(11-10-2018, 12:09 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Uninstall the codecs, mpc-be player (and madVR if installed).

Install the ADVANCED x64ComponentsPM (no 32bit codecs installed with this release)
That installer contains a pre-configured version of MPC-BE that uses LAV filters with madVR setup as the renderer.
Do not make any settings changes - test with a completely default installation.

get Emby to use this specific player installed to this path... C:\Program Files\Shark007\MPC-BE64

Thank you so much Shark007. Followed your instructions and its working perfect. Appreciate your work.