-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Cannot render Some Apple Trailers
Do you have a direct link to one or more trailers with your problems on the "official"
download sites (without registration ...) for testing with Shark007 codecs?
AMD A6-3650 with HD6530 graphics * XP MCE 2005, Windows 7 x86 + x64 + 8.1 x64 * PowerDVD 12 + 13
(03-15-2014, 11:36 AM)HD-False Wrote: Do you have a direct link to one or more trailers with your problems on the "official"
download sites (without registration ...) for testing with Shark007 codecs?

Sure. I am not good at getting the direct links but Grudge Match 1080p Trailer from apple also will not play the image.

I hope this is a direct link that will play in your browser.

Also this link to Anchorman 2
(03-15-2014, 06:53 AM)Shark007 Wrote: quicktime also uses its own decoder.
When you disable the Microsoft decoder, the LAV decoder should be used.

By any chance, have you disabled UAC? (not that you should)
^^^^ this could be your entire issue if you did that.
To fix it, you need to UNINSTALL the codecs, set UAC to the Default position and reboot the computer.

Shark007 I want to thank you for your instant replies unfortunately as I started doing what you were saying I broke other file formats that were working fine so I am reluctant to keep trying.

I have noticed however that there are more and more of the apple trailers that are not playing for me.
(03-27-2014, 11:11 AM)darbid Wrote: I hope this is a direct link that will play in your browser.

playback within web browsers doesn't use the installed codecs.
It is usually either Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight doing the decoding. (some will even force you to install Quicktime!)
Either way, web browser playback IS NOT supported by installing my codecs.

For (apple) trailers that you can download and playback on your PC, I suggest Dave's Trailer Page.
My current Apple Trailers are almost all in *.m4v packed:

But the old MOV trailers also run in WMP and WMC eg with these configuration:
3. Shark007 Codecs 4.5.2 advaced settings with LAV Video Decoder
From Post #3 in my "Subtitle Special".
AMD A6-3650 with HD6530 graphics * XP MCE 2005, Windows 7 x86 + x64 + 8.1 x64 * PowerDVD 12 + 13
(03-27-2014, 11:26 AM)Shark007 Wrote: playback within web browsers doesn't use the installed codecs.
It is usually either Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight doing the decoding. (some will even force you to install Quicktime!)
Thanks but I a little more advanced then that. I am saving the files as .mov files and playing them either with WMP directly or through WMC.
(03-27-2014, 02:18 PM)HD-False Wrote: My current Apple Trailers are almost all in *.m4v packed:

But the old MOV trailers also run in WMP and WMC eg with these configuration:
3. Shark007 Codecs 4.5.2 advaced settings with LAV Video Decoder
From Post #3 in my "Subtitle Special".
I will try out your config suggestions. but how did you get it packed in .m4v the files I see are .mov?