-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Commandline installation
x64 Component releases: filename.exe -ai
That switch will install them silently, there are no other options available at this time.

32bit releases: Vista Codec Package and Win7codecs
filename.exe /S /v/qn

for localization use the following syntax;
"filename.MSI transforms=1033.mst" change 1033 to your locale

commandline options for feature deselection are as follows (MSI USAGE ONLY);
setup=0 ffdshow=0 haali=0 gabest=0 shortcuts=0 vobsub=0 conflicts=0 thumbs=0 ac3filter=0 lav=0

usage examples;
"filename.MSI transforms=1041.mst vobsub=0 /qn"
installs the localization of your choosing without the vobsub component

"filename.MSI vobsub=0 xvid=0 setup=0 /qn"
installs English without the vobsub or xvid components and no website popup

also;
get the full MSI and relevent MST for your language selection from C:\ProgramData\VistaCodecs(Win7codecs)
this MSI can be broken down using msiexec /a "filename.msi" targetdir=c:\existingpath /qb to get down to the basic files
HINT: simply executing the installer and allowing it to reach the 1st screen, will extract the MSI.
is there any new switch for WPM11 file association ??
(05-21-2009, 10:12 AM)mbooma Wrote: is there any new switch for WPM11 file association ??

After installing the codecs cause the following to be executed: fullpathto\settings32.exe assoc

also available: settings32.exe reset <-- executes the Reset All feature

and settings32.exe restore <---- executes the Restore feature as long as the 2 'saved' restore files are present in the Tools dir.
the 2 files required from the tools dir for a settings restore are: VCP_Backup.reg and restore.ini
At the end of my silent installation it opens up Internet explorer, how can I stop that from happening?
(10-30-2009, 10:25 AM)Sams570 Wrote: At the end of my silent installation it opens up Internet explorer, how can I stop that from happening?
use the following syntax: *.MSI setup=0

The 1st POST has been revised.

to use available switches such as setup=0 the MSI must be utilized.
hi shark! been quite a while again. i've just been trying to get my hands once again to slipstreaming & i need help in being able to use vista codecs v549 (from the command line) with hfslip.

pardon me for this noob q: but how do i make the current package as one? i mean what i dl from majorgeeks is not what i need to be able to run it with hfslip, right?

does my q make sense? :p

your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

btw, i am about to make an xp pro sp3 build (with wmp11).
read the BOLD TEXT in the 1st post. (the switches only work when applied to the MSI)
(11-19-2009, 07:12 PM)Shark007 Wrote: read the BOLD TEXT in the 1st post. (the switches only work when applied to the MSI)
hi shark! that was quick. i saw the bold text but i think i overlooked that since i saw windows7 ... & didn't look closely to realize that it could be a sub for the path. let me try this & should i hit a brick wall, i'll report back. thanks!

edit:
C:\ProgramData\VistaCodecs(Win7codecs) is not in my directories ... would it be C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack for me instead?
also, these are the sub-directories (& contents):
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\filters
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\icons
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\rm
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\Tools
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\license.rtf
C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\version.rtf
Quote:get the full MSI and relevent MST for your language selection from C:\ProgramData\VistaCodecs(Win7codecs)
this MSI can be broken down using msiexec /a "filename.msi" targetdir=c:\existingpath /qb to get down to the basic files
where could i get the full MSI?

pardon me for the inquiries (& i'm still reading other kb articles about msiexec) ... i just need help to convert the current v.549 (& moving forward) to a command line installer.
been tinkering with syntax via cmd using the .exe but the best i could come up with was display of the switches.
if not so much of a bother, could you guide me please step by step.
would truly appreciate it.
i havent used XP in years

it is in the %appdata% dir .. i think you want the all users application data folder .. I think

you need to find a dir named VistaCodecs (not VistaCodecPack) within an 'application data' folder.
then in the VistaCodecs dir, go into the newest RANDOM GUID named folder such as
{6BE5DBD5-5A3C-44BB-B59F-C4622E3C20CB} <--- this directory name is randomly generated
(11-19-2009, 09:36 PM)Shark007 Wrote: i havent used XP in years

it is in the %appdata% dir .. i think you want the all users application data folder .. I think
could it be c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VistaCodecs\{"some folders"}? phew ... that slipped off me ... hidden directories ... Big Grin this is where i usually look for apps that have been downloaded & installed (i.e., itunes, ericsson, etc.) ... appreciate this sir. i will try to work on the msi. hopefully, i do this right.