-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Commandline installation
Hi,
I've just discovered the Shark codec pack, and am trying to deploy it silently to numerous machines.  Targets are Win8.1 64 bit machines.
When I try to deploy the .msi (that is extracted from the .exe), it works fine, but the pop-ups (that allow all the tweaking) appear and need to be actioned on each device.
Is there any way to create a truly silent deployment, that also pushes the settings, and avoids any popups?

Thanks for any advice..

Michael.
No, it cannot be fully silent although there is builtin commandlines that you will find helpful
suggest sets the [x] SUGGESTED settings
1strun closes the app when exectuted.
For this to work you must 1st navigate to the \Tools dir or the command will fail

CD "C:\Program Files\Shark007\Tools"
Settings64.exe suggest
Settings64.exe 1strun

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced\Tools"
Settings32.exe suggest
Settings32.exe 1strun

These commands need to be executed separately as shown above.
(02-19-2015, 04:05 PM)Shark007 Wrote: No, it cannot be fully silent although there is builtin commandlines that you will find helpful
suggest sets the [x] SUGGESTED settings
1strun closes the app when exectuted.
For this to work you must 1st navigate to the \Tools dir or the command will fail

CD "C:\Program Files\Shark007\Tools"
Settings64.exe suggest
Settings64.exe 1strun

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced\Tools"
Settings32.exe suggest
Settings32.exe 1strun

These commands need to be executed separately as shown above.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I'm deploying the msi as silently as I can. Once installed, it loads the GUI for 64 bit, "resets to suggested" settings, and remains open. It then loads the GUI for 32 bit, "resets to suggested" settings, and also remains open.

If I try to run the Settings32/64.exe I get an error "You must close the open window first".

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks.

Michael.
The process explained works on win7, you are the 1st user to approach me using 8.
Thanks to your explanation, I do know where the problem is in my code.

I do not have a solution at this time. I need to think about it.
maybe I'll give you some msi switches to use
there are many already, but I havent tested them in a very long time. . .
Thanks, I was starting to think it was me :-)

FYI, I am using this to install..

msiexec.exe /i "Shark007 Advanced Codecs.msi" transforms=1033.MST AC3FILTER=1 AgreeToLicense=Yes CONFLICTS=1 DISPLAYADVSHORTCUTS=0 FFDSHOW=1 GABEST=1 HAALI=1 LAVFILTERS=1 SETUP=0 SHORTCUTS=0 VOBSUB=1 REAL=0 XVID=1  /qn

If you need me to test anything for you, please let me know ..

Cheers, Michael.
some FYI . . .
if the transform file is original, it is not needed.
All options are set to '1' by default, so those switches set to '1' arent needed.
REAL and XVID no longer exist in the codec distribution. (guess I need to update the commandline thread)

further response concerning your issue pending . . .
(02-19-2015, 09:38 PM)Shark007 Wrote: some FYI . . .
if the transform file is original, it is not needed.
All options are set to '1' by default, so those switches set to '1' arent needed.
REAL and XVID no longer exist in the codec distribution. (guess I need to update the commandline thread)

further response concerning your issue pending . . .
I figured those properties weren't required (and I have tested with ONLY the properties I found inside the MSI file). I only included the various codecs =1 because it helps me to see which ones are being installed.

I'll look forward to your progress .. (and I do appreciate it, this is the only codec pack I have tried that makes Corel Video Studio x6/x7 actually work with .mts/AVCHD files)

Cheers, Michael.
This is proving to be quite difficult to resolve.
The bigger problem is that these apps need to run to complete the installation or playback will fail.

I can give you control of the 32bit popup (stop it from popping up) by using the property, SETUP=0
but then it wont install the 64bit codecs at all.
The initial run of the 32bit app is when and where the decision is made whether or not to install (or upgrade) the 64bit codecs.

I think it would be best if you just used taskkill or something similar to close the apps BEFORE executing each of the command(s) given to you earlier.
I will make a change to the app(s) to auto-close after completing the commandline task, suggest, to eliminate one of the steps
(02-20-2015, 10:13 AM)Shark007 Wrote: This is proving to be quite difficult to resolve.
The bigger problem is that these apps need to run to complete the installation or playback will fail.

I can give you control of the 32bit popup (stop it from popping up) by using the property, SETUP=0
but then it wont install the 64bit codecs at all.
The initial run of the 32bit app is when and where the decision is made whether or not to install (or upgrade) the 64bit codecs.

I think it would be best if you just used taskkill or something similar to close the apps BEFORE executing each of the command(s) given to you earlier.
I will make a change to the app(s) to auto-close after completing the commandline task, suggest, to eliminate one of the steps

Thanks, i will attempt this ..