-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Disabling MF
What disadvantage am I getting if I disable MF in Windows 10 in order to make subtitles work?
Choosing to disable Media Foundation globally using the checkbox on the swap TAB is not advised, ever. Doing so will cause issues with the Windows 10 Apps and web browser video playback. It is highly recommend that you avoid using that checkbox and instead choose to disable Media Foundation for specific filetypes on each of their specific tabs such as on the mkv TAB where an option is presented to disable it for that filetype only.
(04-13-2017, 01:56 AM)Shark007 Wrote: Choosing to disable Media Foundation globally using the checkbox on the swap TAB is not advised, ever. Doing so will cause issues with the Windows 10 Apps and web browser video playback. It is highly recommend that you avoid using that checkbox and instead choose to disable Media Foundation for specific filetypes on each of their specific tabs such as on the mkv TAB where an option is presented to disable it for that filetype only.

Exactly. What I did was to disable MF for MP4, AVI/WMV, and MKV. But that's really not the answer to my question. I was actually asking what it means if you disable MF for these file types? What disadvantages do I get by doing this? I'm sure there are some as it is enabled when you tick the suggested settings box.
Issues would be as described in my initial response except that instead of a global setting, it is localized to each specific filetype. When selecting the SUGGESTED settings, if you answer No, it will disable Media Foundation globally.
(04-13-2017, 05:02 AM)Shark007 Wrote: Issues would be as described in my initial response except that instead of a global setting, it is localized to each specific filetype. When selecting the SUGGESTED settings, if you answer No, it will disable Media Foundation globally.

I see. That explains it then, thanks!