-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Dynamic Preview?
Since we use FFmpeg, I think maybe we can achieve this goal: a random changing dynamic preview of the video media; for more features, there is even already one example, the new Youtube layout is display in the similar way, only you have to move you mouse cursor on the video and hanging on for a few seconds; I know it's HTML but with ffmpeg (and maybe other decoder like LAV filters?) we can even do more in windows explorer maybe? I understand this maybe hard and will cost a lot CPU, GPU, RAM or disk power, but hey, that's way much cooler and useful, right? To level down the dfficulty we can make this an beta option, and choose to turn it on or not, to choose to make it a random play of the video contents or just showing a few screenshots of it.
Not possible. Explorer controls the thumbnails. Icaros is just a plugin that generates the thumbnail at request of Explorer.
Yeah, it's exactly as BitTech said. 

When it comes to extending Windows Explorer, Microsoft has provided some pretty strict guidelines for what can/may be extended by
third-party software developers, so a feature such as this one is simply not possible to implement without breaking these guidelines,
and reverse engineer/modify the system files themselves. 

So while a feature such as this would be neat, it's unfortunately up to Microsoft to implement it. 
I guess requesting it in the feedback hub is technically possible. :'D
(10-21-2018, 08:27 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Yeah, it's exactly as BitTech said. 

When it comes to extending Windows Explorer, Microsoft has provided some pretty strict guidelines for what can/may be extended by
third-party software developers, so a feature such as this one is simply not possible to implement without breaking these guidelines,
and reverse engineer/modify the system files themselves. 

So while a feature such as this would be neat, it's unfortunately up to Microsoft to implement it. 
I guess requesting it in the feedback hub is technically possible. :'D

Thanks, just a thought, maybe someday when the time is right, this would become ture.