-->>Setup and usage<<--          
EAC3 Audio BitStream with WMC
When I click the suggested settings button, I get a popup that shows the following:

[Image: 2hztnvq.png]

If I click No to this (as I have been) it does set the Microsoft Video Decoder to disabled.  If I click Yes, it does not.  I will try testing after clicking yes and see if that helps my issue at all.

I just booted up a Win10VM to test and the checkbox does indeed stay checked when I disable Media Foundation there.  Perhaps it is an issue with Win7.  But I understand if you're frustrated by this issue and don't want to debug anymore.

Thanks for your time in trying to help.
OK.. I have tested things on Windows 7

1. As previously stated, the Microsoft Video decoder does not get disabled when selecting the SUGGESTED settings and answering Yes.
2. As for disabling Media Foundation for MKV, the reason the setting doesn't stick is that I have it set internally as a Windows 10 only feature 

Back to your issue, playback of an MKV containing EAC3 audio. 
On my Windows 7 Laptop using version 8.0.4, 
setting the SUGGESTED settings and choosing to use HDMI to bitstream audio works as expected.

One suggestion I can offer is to de-select, and then re-select the disabling of the Microsoft Video decoder.
It shouldn't be selected in the 1st place, but since it is, try re-selecting it. 
With Windows 7 Media Center, choosing to disable the Microsoft Video decoder often releases the entire OS from trying to decode anything.
(08-15-2017, 03:40 PM)moviefan81 Wrote: When I click the suggested settings button, I get a popup that shows the following:

[Image: 2hztnvq.png]

If I click No to this (as I have been) it does set the Microsoft Video Decoder to disabled.  If I click Yes, it does not.  I will try testing after clicking yes and see if that helps my issue at all.

I just booted up a Win10VM to test and the checkbox does indeed stay checked when I disable Media Foundation there.  Perhaps it is an issue with Win7.  But I understand if you're frustrated by this issue and don't want to debug anymore.

Thanks for your time in trying to help.

ahhh, I didn't test selecting No. You may be correct in that it does set the Video decoder to disabled in that case.
My program is over 10k line of code... at times it can get difficult to remember all that it does.
I'm going to make my MKV sample with EAC3 available to you in a Private Message in a few minutes for you to test with.
After clicking Yes to that dialog, everything is working perfectly!

Didn't have to make any other changes besides what I had already been doing.

Thank you for your patience in helping me sort through this issue.  I should have known to ask about that dialog before but it didn't occur to me that this could be the issue.

So happy things are working again!
excellent news!