-->>Setup and usage<<--          
FLAC tags: multiple entries separated with a comma not displayed
Bug 
If you have multiple artists separated like this for example:
Code:
artist1, artist2

Then the artist column will display as blank in windows explorer. Formats not handled by Icaros (e.g. MP3) display the same tag fine, so it shouldn't be an explorer bug.

edit: looks like the 2.3.0a2 fixes it, saw the link too late, sorry.
I assume this works in 2.2.6 too then. :)
(I'll be sure to test it regardless)
I tried it with 2.2.6 before reporting, so unless it was cached somehow it did not work.
(09-13-2014, 01:32 PM)Soukyuu Wrote: I tried it with 2.2.6 before reporting, so unless it was cached somehow it did not work.

Alright, thanks for the followup.
This should be fixed in the upcoming release.
Let me know, if you are still having troubles by then.
Thanks, the new beta seems to fix the case when there are multiple entries with latin letter or hiragana/katakana. However, the entry before the comma is a Chinese character, it breaks again.

test, test [ok]
test, テスト [ok]
test, 漢字 [ok]
テスト, test [ok]
テスト, テスト [ok]
テスト, 漢字 [ok]
漢字, test [ok]
漢字, テスト [ok]
漢字, 漢字 [err]

edit: Actually, this error seems to only appear if you have entered two equal entries, and only in the Chinese characters case, since something like this works:

漢字, 漢字二 [ok]

Also, I noticed an inconsistency in formatting, FLAC tags separate the entries with a ';' while the rest seems to use ','?

[Image: icaros_formats.PNG]
(09-18-2014, 11:17 AM)Soukyuu Wrote: Thanks, the new beta seems to fix the case when there are multiple entries with latin letter or hiragana/katakana. However, the entry before the comma is a Chinese character, it breaks again.

Fixed!
Apparently, Windows automatically removes duplicated entries of the same artist.
I had to relax a check to make it work.

(09-18-2014, 11:17 AM)Soukyuu Wrote: Also, I noticed an inconsistency in formatting, FLAC tags separate the entries with a ';' while the rest seems to use ','?

Fixed, as well.
The way windows displays multiple entries is by separating them with a ';'.
I had forgotten to split up the artist names, so they showed up as one long name instead.
This may also be why "test, test" didn't fail for you before.
(09-18-2014, 12:06 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Apparently, Windows automatically removes duplicated entries of the same artist.
I had to relax a check to make it work.
Wouldn't it leave at least one of the entries in that case though as opposed to a blank one? Oh well, at least it should be working now.
I assume you will update the links later, the installer link for 2.2.7b1 one still points to the same exe as before.
(09-18-2014, 02:07 PM)Soukyuu Wrote: Wouldn't it leave at least one of the entries in that case though as opposed to a blank one? Oh well, at least it should be working now.
I assume you will update the links later, the installer link for 2.2.7b1 one still points to the same exe as before.

That's exactly what it does.
I just had a check in the code, that was slightly too stubborn and didn't allow it to get through.

I'll see if I can get a new build up with all these minor changes, as soon as possible.
I will probably just update the current 2.2.7 thread. It will be renamed to Beta 2, once the build is up.
(09-18-2014, 12:06 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Fixed, as well.
The way windows displays multiple entries is by separating them with a ';'.
I had forgotten to split up the artist names, so they showed up as one long name instead.
I kind of misunderstood what you said here, I don't think you should do that, because now it looks like this (since mp3 is not managed by icaros):
[Image: icaros_formats2.PNG]

I think it's better to just keep a single entry. This also accounts for all the different ways a user could separate their entries. Unless there is a parsing error if you encounter a ',' or a ';'?