-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Feature request - Comic Book Covers
Love icaros.

In the vein of supporting covers everywhere I'd like to suggest support for commoon comic book formats cbz, cbr and cb7 which are nothing more than zip, rar and 7zip archvies.

Within the archive usually the first image is the front cover (images are typically numbered with padded number system somename-000.jpg)

All the comics I've ever had have been jpg image format within the archive.

There is an existing shell plug called CBXShell available here: http://free-sk.t-com.hr/T800soft/software/cbxShell.htm

That archive includes the source (no idea what lang) I think but's effectively abandonware now!

I know dev is slow and I'm happy to contribute (as we all should be!) if it woudl help some...

Dakooga...
This was an intriguing feature request, so I have decided to implement it. :)

However it isn't as straight forward as one could hope. FFmpeg doesn't support support archive files (zip, rar, 7z),
so I will have to find another way to support these filetypes. 

I may have found a way already without adding too many new/large libraries to Icaros, but we'll have to see if it works.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thats great! I'm excited let me know if I can help... I can certainly promote it afterwards in a few comic forums etc.

7z is the least popular format by probably 10 to 1 so you can probably leave that out without anyone noticing...

~dakooga

ps. you should put a donation link into your about page
Hi dakooga,

I believe I got it working now. I'm working on a new beta build atm.
Icaros should be able to support cbz, cbr and cb7, with any kind of image format including webp files. ;)
(06-16-2016, 12:15 PM)Xanashi Wrote: I believe I got it working now. I'm working on a new beta build atm.
Icaros should be able to support cbz, cbr and cb7, with any kind of image format including webp files. Wink

LOVE IT. Very excited...

comicvine and comicrack forums will love it to name just two...

Put a donation button on the about page! (or tipjar)...

~Koog
(06-16-2016, 01:54 PM)dakooga Wrote: LOVE IT. Very excited...

comicvine and comicrack forums will love it to name just two...

Put a donation button on the about page! (or tipjar)...

~Koog

I'm going to release a new beta in a moment with this feature implemented. 
Let me know if you find any bugs. I've only tested on a handful of files.

The lower left corner of IcarosConfig has two donation icons. ;)  <3
Are they too subtle?
(06-19-2016, 10:36 AM)Xanashi Wrote: The lower left corner of IcarosConfig has two donation icons. Wink  <3
Are they too subtle?

Yeah a bit subtle, fits with the style though.

A Tip Jar? Maybe that only works in the US

Or maybe just add some words like Donate or Support in various languages on the About us page with the same links?

I"ll give it a go on my files and see what happens

~Koog