-->>Setup and usage<<--          
How to get HQ subtitles in WMP?
Hi,

I have Advanced codecs v846 installed in my Windows 8.1 64 PC. I have installed x32 components alone, not x64 components. Ihave set x32 WMP as default player and DirectVobSub as my subtitle processor. I have 2 video files, 1080p and 352p, both having external subtitle files. When I watch 1080p (or 720p) video, the subtitles appear sharp and crisp, like the video. When I watch 352p video, the subtitles look crisply if I don't go for full screen / maximize the window. The subtitle will look blurred if I maximize window / go full screen. Below are the screenshots.

1080p
[Image: Lci7ZRw.png]

352p Windowed,
[Image: ZRU5yqh.png]

352p Full screen
[Image: fo7c4kW.png]

Now you can see the difference. But if i play videos in MPC HC, the subtitle appear crisp and sharp, doesn't matter what the size of video is. Below are the screenshots of tMPC HC.

352p Windowed, not maximized
[Image: SPadGYH.png]

352p Full screen
[Image: un4eq5q.png]
https://imgur.com/a/FAY3t

How can I achieve this in WMP?

Thank you
From the center dropdown of the Config TAB
select DirectVobSub
click on the General TAB
Try changing the Vertical padding to Extend to 16x9
Tre other settings if that doesnt work.
(11-25-2017, 03:01 PM)Shark007 Wrote: From the center dropdown of the Config TAB
select DirectVobSub
click on the General TAB
Try changing the Vertical padding to Extend to 16x9
Tre other settings if that doesnt work.

Hi,

It hasn't worked, but I doubled the resolution (option in that same tab) and now the quality of subtitle looks good. But the problem now is, the video itself get doubled, and not just the subtitle alone.
Other than to point you to that configuration panel, I have no other advice to offer.
I am not a subtitle consumer and have never needed to access these settings personally.
(11-25-2017, 03:29 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Other than to point you to that configuration panel, I have no other advice to offer.
I am not a subtitle consumer and have never needed to access these settings personally.

Its okay. Thanks for your support Smile