-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Icaros causes an exception in Qt5 based apps?
I'm not sure if it's a Qt bug or an Icaros bug... but using QFileDialog (which shows a native windows dialog) to pick a file and entering a folder that contains audio files supported by Icaros, I get the following crash:
Quote:Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertySystemNativeMethods.PSCoerceToCanonicalValue(PropertyKey& key, PropVariant ppropvar)
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.LoadProperty(PropertyMap propertyElement)
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.LoadProperties()
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.IcarosPropertyHandler.IInitializeWithStream.Initialize(IStream stream, AccessModes fileMode)System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertySystemNativeMethods.PSCoerceToCanonicalValue(PropertyKey& key, PropVariant ppropvar)
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.LoadProperty(PropertyMap propertyElement)
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.IcarosPropertyHandler.IInitializeWithStream.Initialize(IStream stream, AccessModes fileMode)System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.IcarosPropertyHandler.IInitializeWithStream.Initialize(IStream stream, AccessModes fileMode)

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at IcarosPropertyHandler.PropertyHandler.IcarosPropertyHandler.IInitializeWithStream.Initialize(IStream stream, AccessModes fileMode)
The crash only happens if the folder contains audio files supported by Icaros and the details view is selected (so it has to fetch and display tags). This does not seem to be happening with non-Qt apps, so I'm kind of stumped. I have even reduced my app to simply picking a file, but the crash happens immediately after entering the folder before I can even pick a file. Disabling Icaros solves the issue, enabling it re-introduces it. I have uploaded a sample application here. This is compiled with msvc2013 x64 and written in Qt 5.4.0
Thanks for the report. 
I believe I already have a fix to this problem, but it's not quite ready yet for public release.

I'll let you know in this thread, as soon as the build is ready, so you can test and see if it works.

EDIT: I just tried your sample app on Windows 7 x64, but couldn't reproduce the crash with 2.2.7 b3,
nevertheless I'm still quite certain I have a fix that will work for you too. So stay tuned.
(12-23-2014, 05:18 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Thanks for the report. 
I believe I already have a fix to this problem, but it's not quite ready yet for public release.

I'll let you know in this thread, as soon as the build is ready, so you can test and see if it works.

EDIT: I just tried your sample app on Windows 7 x64, but couldn't reproduce the crash with 2.2.7 b3,
nevertheless I'm still quite certain I have a fix that will work for you too. So stay tuned.

It might have something to do with me running Japanese locale, or me running win 8.1 x64, or both. I'll wait for your fix to test it, thanks!
Merry Christmas!