-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Install Path (Directory)
Dear Sir,
Im trying to do all my best efforts to install these codecs on P partition instead than C.
For that I also tweaked my latest Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview RS5 Fast Ahead to get all my software installed on P but your one refuse to do so.
Is there any way to decompile it in order to have access to the main executable file and forcing the installation on the desired partition?
In the past times I never got such problems, why have I now?
Waiting for a swiftest workaround I remain.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
The 64bit bits will always install to C:\Program Files\Shark007
This is no way to change this, sorry.

If you insist on getting this accomplished; uninstall the x64Components after installation.
Go to where the 32bit codecs are installed and in the Shark007\Advanced directory is the x64Components installer.
Executing that manually will allow you to choose the installation directory.
Take caution though; if you choose to update the codecs, the 64bit portion will again install to C drive.
For this reason, ^^^^, I suggest that you just leave the 64bit portion where it is on C drive so future upgrades go off without a hitch.
(12-05-2018, 10:43 PM)Shark007 Wrote: The 64bit bits will always install to C:\Program Files\Shark007
This is no way to change this, sorry.

If you insist on getting this accomplished; uninstall the x64Components after installation.
Go to where the 32bit codecs are installed and in the Shark007\Advanced directory is the x64Components installer.
Executing that manually will allow you to choose the installation directory.
Take caution though; if you choose to update the codecs, the 64bit portion will again install to C drive.
For this reason, ^^^^, I suggest that you just leave the 64bit portion where it is on C drive so future upgrades go off without a hitch.

Thanks for your reply, but the scenario is opposite as you described:
the x64 Advanced Codecs portion installed itself on the Program files partion (P:\), choosing a random path; the other codecs installed on C:\Program Files\Shark007 when usually, choosing the installation path they were accomplishing with my choice.

Im aware there's a script or something like that that allow me move an installed piece of software from a partition to another (something like junction, I dont remember exactly, I've to Google for it).

What it's sound weird it´s that what it was usual in the past is changed today, just coz I moved from an x86 to an x64 computer.

Microsoft themselves with the new Office 2019 suite tried not to give the user the choice to choose the install partition, but thanks to some script and the tweaked registry the workaround has been found (C:\ shall be remain as cleanest as possible from software pieces; that`s what partitions are for).

Regards.
The x64 portion reads the registry to get the systems 64bit \Program Files\ path and  then installs to a directory within named Shark007.  The 32bit installer, which is what you download and execute to install, will allow you to select an installation path on a clean install of my software unless it is an upgrade scenario in which case it just updates the current installation without offering you a chance to change the path.
(12-06-2018, 11:18 AM)Shark007 Wrote: The x64 portion reads the registry to get the systems 64bit \Program Files\ path and  then installs to a directory within named Shark007.  The 32bit installer, which is what you download and execute to install, will allow you to select an installation path on a clean install of my software unless it is an upgrade scenario in which case it just updates the current installation without offering you a chance to change the path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Multimedia\CoDecs\Avanzados (includes ADVANCED_x64Components)
P:\Archivos de programa\Shark007 (includes Tools folder)

This is my actual scenario; no one of the installation paths has been completely choose by me; installing by scratch.

What I was accurately selected was: P:\Archivos de programa\Multimedia\CoDecs\Avanzados

I've been completely ignored, as if I didnt exist; it did a "mixup" between C:\ and P:\ if you read.

Why? Dont know.

It creates the subdirectories on C.\ under the names they were already prepared (and empties) on P:\
Here's my thoughts

C:\ is the boot drive - it contains an old version of Windows that you no longer use.
At some point, you re-installed Windows and that is when things got bad
P:\ is where your current, in use, Windows system has been installed to.