-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Installation failure——Version 7.65/7.66/7.67
Dear Shark,

When I tried to install the ADVANCED Codecs 7.65/7.66/7.67, I always got this error report (please see the attached picture) and it causes regsvr32.exe crash. My OS is Win 10 14393.1230. Could you please have a look at the attached picture regarding the issue? The character “拒绝访问” means “no access” or “access prohibited”. I am looking forward to your updated version which will solve this error. Thank you a lot!

Best Regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only thing I can think of to cause this error is that you have chosen to disable UAC.

To fix the error, set UAC to the 'Default' position, reboot the computer, and then re-install the codecs.
(05-29-2017, 10:53 AM)Shark007 Wrote: The only thing I can think of to cause this error is that you have chosen to disable UAC.

To fix the error, set UAC to the 'Default' position, reboot the computer, and then re-install the codecs.

I'm pretty sure that the UAC is ON. However, the previous versions I have ever used work well when installing, no errors occured.
Have you re-booted your computer at all recently?
Maybe it just needs a reboot to sort out the issue.
(05-29-2017, 11:06 AM)Shark007 Wrote: Have you re-booted your computer at all recently?
Maybe it just needs a reboot to sort out the issue.

Yep! I have re-booted and even re-install the OS many times but the problem always exists. -_-
I have not made any changes to how that key is handled and I cannot reproduce the issue.
If you browse your registry to look at that key, this is the Microsoft default that you should see...

32bit key...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\ByteStreamHandlers\.mkv]
"{1f9a2c18-d89e-463e-b4f4-bb90152acc64}"="MKV Byte Stream Handler"

64bit key...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\ByteStreamHandlers\.mkv]
(05-29-2017, 11:21 AM)Shark007 Wrote: I have not made any changes to how that key is handled and I cannot reproduce the issue.
If you browse your registry to look at that key, this is the Microsoft default that you should see...

32bit key...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\ByteStreamHandlers\.mkv]

64bit key...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\ByteStreamHandlers\.mkv]

Dear Shark:

I am not sure actually how this issue happens. But I have just tried different versions that the version 7.6.1 and before work well; but all the version 7.6.2 and above have the installation problem. Would you mind spend some time working out why the new versions have the problem when installing. Thank you very much!
I have nothing further to add to this conversation.
I've tested and retested my software and cannot reproduce your issue.

This is your issue; no one else is experiencing this issue. 
I do not know what is wrong with your system to cause this issue for you.