-->>Setup and usage<<--          
MKV-DTS Audio over DLAN-WMP12-Win10
MKV-DTS Audio over DLAN-WMP12 (both 32 and 64 bit)-Win10-Vizio M50-C1 TV-Wireless Network-SHARK007 v8.9.0 (Recommended Settings), Using 5.1 SRS on PC

After installing your codec (32&64bit), I am now able to play MKV files with DTS audio with WMP12.
Cannot play DTS audio on TV's media player over DLAN.  All other MKV's (including other Dolby SRS) play fine. Get "Audio Format Not Supported" notice.  Video plays fine.

Have tried turning off M$ decoder and foundation.  Still doesn't work. 

Also, WMP12 Still can't play DTS-HD sound in Dolby's hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless.m2ts file (video plays fine). Video and audio both work in VLC player.
(03-19-2018, 12:42 PM)nickhog Wrote: Cannot play DTS audio on TV's media player over DLAN.  All other MKV's (including other Dolby SRS) play fine. Get "Audio Format Not Supported" notice.  Video plays fine.

"Audio Format Not Supported" from the TV player means it cannot decode DTS.
You'll have to decode the dts on the pc and send pcm to the TV by choosing the anolog setting in my app.

(03-19-2018, 12:42 PM)nickhog Wrote: Also, WMP12 Still can't play DTS-HD sound in Dolby's hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless.m2ts file (video plays fine). Video and audio both work in VLC player.

For the m2ts file, the best solution is to use Metafox - get it from my Tools page
This tool will extract the contents of the m2ts file and place them, untouched, into an MKV file.
(03-19-2018, 01:03 PM)Shark007 Wrote: "Audio Format Not Supported" from the TV player means it cannot decode DTS.

Not that this is an issue, but the TV and the attached Soundbar both support DTS audio according to documentation. DTS audio from Blu-ray player attached to TV plays fine.

You'll have to decode the dts on the pc and send pcm to the TV by choosing the anolog setting in my app.

I have analog selected.      All settings in your app are set to default install, recommended configuration (yes to "Do you use LiveTV,...Etc.").   I found that the DTS MKV files play fine on TV if I run Universal Media Server software (bulkware) on PC for DLAN vice WMP12.  It appears, for some reason, WMP12 is not using your decode and even if I disable WMP decoders and/or foundation in your app, it still doesn't decode the DTS...  Just hoping that you may have some alternative suggestions...
check the Windows audio speaker setup.
It needs to be set to stereo to be able to send the dts audio to the device.
If you choose 5.1 etc., it will try to decode it on the PC.
(03-20-2018, 09:23 AM)Shark007 Wrote: check the Windows audio speaker setup.
It needs to be set to stereo to be able to send the dts audio to the device.
If you choose 5.1 etc., it will try to decode it on the PC.

Since I have 5.1 SRS speakers, had it set to 5.1.  Set speakers to stereo, re-booted PC, Still no DTS audio to TV.... 

This has been a real brain teaser for me.  Been chasing this for the last 3 years. Just added a 5.1 soundbar thinking that may fix it... (Wrong!!! LOL)

Just FYI.....  Used the Metafox tool on the m2ts file and the resulting MKV file audio will play on WMP12.  Attached the results of running your Analyze file tool under the MISC tab.  Codec ID changed from 134 to A_DTS.   Thought the files may interest you...

Attached Files
.txt   dts_mkv.txt (Size: 3.29 KB / Downloads: 28)
.txt   dts_m2ts.txt (Size: 2.73 KB / Downloads: 27)
I think your issue is deeper within the Windows settings.
rightclick the speaker icon near the clock and choose, 'Open Sound settings'
access 'Device Properties'
doubleclick the active sevice
with this already set to a stereo configuration for the speakers...
go to the Advanced tab
be sure that the 2 boxes for exclusive mode are both checked
(03-20-2018, 03:17 PM)Shark007 Wrote: I think your issue is deeper within the Windows settings.
rightclick the speaker icon near the clock and choose, 'Open Sound settings'
access 'Device Properties'
doubleclick the active sevice
with this already set to a stereo configuration for the speakers...
go to the Advanced tab
be sure that the 2 boxes for exclusive mode are both checked

Both were already checked.  Still no luck...  I have a Win7 and another Win10 system on the same network and they do the same thing so, I think that rules out a PC hardware issue.  Thought maybe it was a Wireless connection to the TV prob but, wired has same issue.

I do appreciate you looking at this.  M$ offers no help. (as usual   ;(    )
The next thing you need to check is that the format you wish for the device to decode actually shows up in the Supported Formats section similar to the attached screenshot from my Onkyo AVR. If they are not listed there, you need to get updated drivers from the manufacturer of the device.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-22-2018, 03:32 AM)Shark007 Wrote: The next thing you need to check is that the format you wish for the device to decode actually shows up in the Supported Formats section similar to the attached screenshot from my Onkyo AVR. If they are not listed there, you need to get updated drivers from the manufacturer of the device.

I'm fairly confident that all my hardware supports the DTS I'm trying to play.
My PC (hardwired to the network) has a sound card that supports all Dolby 5.1 SRS, has a Intel Core I7, 32gb of dram, and 1gb nic.  All DTS files are playing fine on the PC now with WMP and VLC player (including full surround in all 6 speakers when 5.1 is enabled) The smart TV is a Vizio M50-C1 UHD 4K , supports all Dolby formats, and has a Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar attached to TV via SPIDF. I have played DVDs on my Blu-ray player (attached to TV via HDMI) that contain DTS audio.  I will look deeper into Vizio to see if I can find documentation on what it does/doesn't support.

Reviewing what we've tried, I realized that I have to be sure to Restart my PC after making changes in setting that have the Windows Shield icon in your app.  Some of those only take affect after PC restart.  I also found that Disabling Windows decoders and/or Windows Foundation (after PC restart) shuts down the DLAN server on my PC.  It doesn't show on the TV list of available servers.  Also, Under MKV Tab | PC Playback, I tried using the Haali's splitter  and it too killed the DLAN.  Don't know if this helps or confuses more....
It seems to me that, via your codec app, WMP is splitting MKV, decoding, and playing DTS just fine. It just isn't passing the DTS through the Dlan Server to the TV.  I can't tell you how far this is all above my head....... ;(

Thank you for your patience.....
My current research is telling me that dts will not carry over the network.
Often, these audio devices will specify something along the lines of...

"This device only supports the DTS audio codec when playing video files from a USB device or a device directly connected such as a blu-ray player"