-->>Setup and usage<<--          
MKV hang
Installed latest 4.09 standard and MPC-BE 1.5.0 2172 on Win7 PC with AMD E-350 APU and HD6310 graphics.

it has always worked well playing 1080P MKV with DXVA2 native enabled. 

now only AVI's will play, all MKVs hang like this. 

I have tried many settings and get the same results. 

Any ideas? Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I cannot re-create your issue.

Are you using MPC-BE from my Tools page?
Have you tried rebooting your PC?

Are the MKV's located on the same drive as Windows?  (for testing?)
It looks like it is waiting for an external harddrive to spin up / come out of sleep mode.
yes mpc-be from your tools page.

rebooted

mkv's on same drive. AVIs play fine. 

we may try win10 update. 

thanks
That harddrive may be failing. I suggest checking its integrity before anything else.
already checked with CrystalDiskInfo and SMART checks OK.
With hardware such as HD6310, you will not be able to find proper drivers supporting Windows 10. If you're thinking Win 10 is a solution, I suggest to you that it is a bigger headache because of old hardware without support. You'd be better served wiping the disk and fresh installing Windows 7.
(11-23-2016, 07:57 AM)Shark007 Wrote: With hardware such as HD6310, you will not be able to find proper drivers supporting Windows 10. If you're thinking Win 10 is a solution, I suggest to you that it is a bigger headache because of old hardware without support. You'd be better served wiping the disk and fresh installing Windows 7.

yes, thanks, that is what we are thinking. I really do not think it has anything to do with your codecs. just for the heck of it I installed VLC and that doesn't play any MKVs either... 

another strange windows problem! 

thanks again
With VLC failing to play the files also, this suggests to me that it is not a Windows problem being VLC does not use any Windows support for playback. I think you have corrupted files or more specifically, a failing HDD. Try copying the files elsewhere; if that fails too, it is definitely a failing harddrive.