-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Media Center videos won't rewind
I installed the standard codecs to see if I could get some h.265 videos to play that I had.  The good news is that it did allow those to play, the bad news is that now my native windows media center files don't want to play right.  There may be other issues, but the worst one is that when I try to rewind, the video crashes and resets to the beginning (i can't resume even where it crashed).  Any suggestions on how to fix this?
On the Config TAB of the 64bit App, access the [LAV splitter Config]
In that window, select the TAB, Input Formats
scroll the list down and uncheck wtv (thats the recorded tv files)

Rewind is a player issue (Media Center) and I cannot fix that other than to tell you to use a different player.
The MPC-BE player available from my tools page is pre-configured to use the installed codecs.
(10-28-2017, 01:58 PM)Shark007 Wrote: On the Config TAB of the 64bit App, access the [LAV splitter Config]
In that window, select the TAB, Input Formats
scroll the list down and uncheck wtv (thats the recorded tv files)

Rewind is a player issue (Media Center) and I cannot fix that other than to tell you to use a different player.
The MPC-BE player available from my tools page is pre-configured to use the installed codecs.

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, I unchecked the WTV file format and the issue is still happening.  Hit rewind, it hangs up and throws me back out the the listing screen.  Any other suggestions?
which version of Windows are you using?
(10-28-2017, 06:10 PM)Shark007 Wrote: which version of Windows are you using?

Win 7 pro 64

Edit: It may not be pro, it may be home...don't recall, but definitely 64 bit.
I fired up Windows 7 for testing and could not reproduce any of your issues so my current thought is that you have installed some other codecs outside of codecs installed by my package. Either that or your codec installation is just to old.

If your codecs are up to date, go to the 64bit Misc TAB and use the button to [Save codec list to Desktop]
and post that output here.
(10-29-2017, 04:20 AM)Shark007 Wrote: I fired up Windows 7 for testing and could not reproduce any of your issues so my current thought is that you have installed some other codecs outside of codecs installed by my package. Either that or your codec installation is just to old.

If your codecs are up to date, go to the 64bit Misc TAB and use the button to [Save codec list to Desktop]
and post that output here.

I'll do whatever troubleshooting you'd like and get back to you.  Never had these issues those before I installed the standard codecs though a month or so ago.  Noticed it immediately but kept forgetting to ask about it.  In theory if I do an uninstall should it start workin again (though I'd obviously lose my h.265 playback).
Just pressing [Reset All] should set it back to Microsoft defaults.
If that doesn't work, I'd try uninstalling it.
(10-29-2017, 06:30 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Just pressing [Reset All] should set it back to Microsoft defaults.
If that doesn't work, I'd try uninstalling it.

The reset did indeed fix it.  Thanks.