-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Media Control 6.0.10 Autot Refreshrate Fix
Thank you for updating this in my opinion it was the one thing that was holding back media center for real Home Theater goodness. If you ever plan on implementing Lav codecs this would be the hands down greatest plugin for media center ever. Thank you for your time and effort I just wanted to let you guys know that this is appreciated Smile

Shark your codec pack is hands down the best piece of software for any home theater enthusiast and I just wanted to let you know to keep up the amazing work.
Terence,

thank you SO much for your improvements and your work with Media Control. I am so glad that someone does the improvements that have been needed so much for this great piece of software.

I read through this post and would like to contribute with a story about a strange behavior. I was installing your latest version .15 on my fresh installed Win7 x64 system. I also have Media Browser installed. The strange thing was, I was not able to get Media Control working at all regardless what I did. Fast forward was not working as well as no pop-ups have been showing asking me for the proper audio stream or to change the refresh rate.

Now here is the strange thing: I gave up trying to get it to work and installed .7 again. Here everything worked. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled .15 and now everything works except the refresh rate change....

So my questions would be:
- Do you might have any idea why this procedure worked out for me?
- Furthermore do you have a hint why refresh rate change does not work?

I have Win7 x64, an ATI Radeon, Media Browser and the latest Shark007 Codecs.

Thank you for your help and Happy Holidays! :-)

P.S. If I can test something for you or can help in any other way, please let me know!
(07-21-2012, 03:18 AM)JimBrown75 Wrote: Thank you for updating this in my opinion it was the one thing that was holding back media center for real Home Theater goodness. If you ever plan on implementing Lav codecs this would be the hands down greatest plugin for media center ever. Thank you for your time and effort I just wanted to let you guys know that this is appreciated Smile

Shark your codec pack is hands down the best piece of software for any home theater enthusiast and I just wanted to let you know to keep up the amazing work.

+1 to both!

I would love to see Media Control and LAV work in harmony. The HTPC community is pretty small -- and the subset of users who prefer to use WMC as an all inclusive solution is even smaller. However, Media Control plus Shark007 do make it all possible. Media Control is in need of an update. I know it's probably a ton of work, but if you ever decide to undertake it -- please let us know, Terence!
Dear Terence and all,

I know this thread is quite old, but I just found Media Control Plugin today and seems exactly what I need. After some hard work I've got Shark007 set for ffdshow and Media Control x64 installed on my Media Center Win7. I can even change audio or subtitles going to the WMC Start Menu, choosing Media Control and switching streams.

But there is no way Media Control capture remote control or keyboard strokes. I imagine it can only accept MCE remote control, if so, I've got a problem, as I have an IMon Remote Control. But that's all right if it could detect keystrokes (UP key, for instance, or come Ctrl+Shift+Key). It just don't. If someone got this and could solve I would appreciate a help. I'm using version .15. I'll try the .7 trick someone mentioned above.

Anyway, thank you Terence for getting involved in so great project.