-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Need Some Advice on a Clean Install
I just put in a new SSHDD, and I was going to install the newest codecs.

First question, since I dont use a 64 bit browser or media player, do I need to install that part? The only thing I think I use off of it is Icaros for thumbnails.

Secondly, When it asks if you use the play to feature, or xbox, or watch videos in a browser, how should I handle that. I do watch videos in my browser, such as you tube, and other streaming video sites and such.
(02-20-2017, 01:21 PM)indianaburn Wrote: I just put in a new SSHDD, and I was going to install the newest codecs.

First question, since I dont use a 64 bit browser or media player, do I need to install that part? The only thing I think I use off of it is Icaros for thumbnails.

Secondly, When it asks if you use the play to feature, or xbox, or watch videos in a browser, how should I handle that. I do watch videos in my browser, such as you tube, and other streaming video sites and such.

1st. Icaros is standalone and does not use codecs at all. IMO, the STANDARD release is all you'll need.
2nd. You need to answer Yes to maintain browser support of video playback.
Thank you for such a quick response. One question. If I install just the standard, will I still be able to atch downloaded 3d movies? And I know you said Icaros is standalone, but to adjust its settings it asks for x64 to be installed. any way around that?
3D is fully supported by either release, advanced or standard assuming you grab a MPC-BE player that includes madVR from my Tools page. (64bit player is better for this)
Good thing you brought up Icaros again.
For it to be functional, (not only the GUI) you would need to install the x64Components on a 64bit OS.