-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 2.2.7 Beta 3
Star 
Hello Everyone,

Another build is ready for testing.
If no bugs or regressions are found, this should be the final release of the 2.2.7 branch.

I've added another couple of new requested formats, as well as improved some of the existing formats.
Thumbnailing of HEVC in mkv files has also been improved quite a bit, and finally the installer
has also been refined, so that upgrading should be an even more fluid experience now.

Btw. I had a bit of trouble with MediaFire as I uploaded the files, so hopefully the links below work fine.
Otherwise let me know.

[Icaros v.2.2.7 Beta 3]
- Added support for DV-AVI properties
- Added support for Opus thumbnailing
- Added support for Opus properties
- Added Ogg and Opus as default thumbnail filetypes
- Changed Ogg to display music properties
- Improved Ogg/Ogm parser to get more metadata
- Improved HEVC level idc detection (shown in the Video Tracks property)
- Fixed property handler hang with certain avi files
- Fixed gray thumbnails for certain HEVC files
- Fixed thumbnailing of incomplete Wtv files
- Minor fixes and changes
- Updated FFmpeg

- Improved installer
- Locked files are now handled directly by the installer
- Installer should now work properly with /SILENT and /VERYSILENT switches. See all switches here.

Icaros 2.2.7 Beta 3 Installer: Download
Icaros 2.2.7 Beta 3 Portable: Download

[Release notes]
- Ogg and Opus properties are enabled/disabled via the 'Ogm' checkbox, until the new UI arrives.

Enjoy! ;)
Somehow the new installer bugs for me.
It wasn't able to close explorer. Explorer was visibly closed yet still running according the taskmanager, had to kill it myself to finish the install.
(11-19-2014, 07:05 AM)Lenmaer Wrote: Somehow the new installer bugs for me.
It wasn't able to close explorer. Explorer was visibly closed yet still running according the taskmanager, had to kill it myself to finish the install.

I don't believe this is actually a bug, it just takes a bit longer than before to restart Explorer.

To elaborate: the new installer uses a Windows API to restart Explorer now.
This API asks Explorer to close by itself instead of forcefully closing the process.
This avoids possible risky situations, but may take longer time to execute, as Explorer may wish to finish some tasks before closing.
From the users point of view it may feel like Explorer is hanging, but really it isn't.
At least this was my experience while testing. :)
Well, I got a message telling me that Icaros was unable to close with an invite, retry or cancel. Retry didn't work and ended up with that same message again.
(11-19-2014, 07:17 AM)Lenmaer Wrote: Well, I got a message telling me that Icaros was unable to close with an invite, retry or cancel. Retry didn't work and ended up with that same message again.

Icaros was unable to close? Did you have IcarosConfig open, or rather which locking processes did the installer show, that needed to be closed?
Icaros config wasn't open and the installer never showed a locking process but just said explorer couldn't be closed.
(11-19-2014, 07:22 AM)Lenmaer Wrote: Icaros config wasn't open and the installer never showed a locking process but just said explorer couldn't be closed.

That's strange. Let me just take look at it and then get back.
Lenmaer, what OS are you on?
Windows 7 x64 FR with 2 explorers open. Folders & windows are open in a separate process.
(11-19-2014, 07:35 AM)Lenmaer Wrote: Windows 7 x64 FR with 2 explorers open. Folders & windows are open in a separate process.

It seems like it may be related to the 'Launch folder windows in a separate process' option.
It is definitely easy to reproduce with that setting on.
The installer did accept some of my 'Retry's, but not every time.

Unfortunately it's a problem within the Windows API itself.
The messagebox with the error is created by the OS, not the installer.

I have to look a bit around to see if I can find a solution but it may not possible to solve.

Did you get this page while going through the installer:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)