-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.0 Beta 1
Please calm down. 

I'm sorry you had to experience these crashes, but this build is still at beta stage so crashes are to be expected.
The fact that it was added to Shark007's pack this early in the beta process, could be a questionable decision, but 
in the end, almost every build of Shark007's pack contains beta version of one or more softwares so it really up to
the user to read the changelog and only update to the latest release if they really need or want to.

And if you run into a problem like this, simply downgrade to the previous version of the codec pack, and wait until 
this bug is fixed in a future version.

The reason why you only see icons and no thumbnails is because Icaros is providing these thumbnails in Explorer,
so when it crashes you wont see them.

The reason why the mail didn't come through is because you misspelled my name; Xanashi. There is an 'h' missing from the email address.

Now the reason why i like having my software tested by a broader audience (Shark007's userbase) is because,
when an uncommon crash like this happens I get the opportunity to fix it right away.

All I need from you is the minidump file created by Icaros. (Please disregard the striked lines. I hadn't noticed the dmp files in your previous post. Thanks! I'll take a look at them.)
So I suggest you do the following:

1. Click start menu. Search for shark007's setting app.

2. Click on Icaros thumbnailing

3. Click on the button that says CACHE - ENABLED. It should say DISABLED after one or two clicks.

This should stop the crashes.

1. Now open a Windows Explorer window, and paste the following into the address field:

%localappdata%\temp\icarosdebug

2. Hit Enter.

3. Send one of the minidump files located in that folder to my mail.

If the crashes doesn't stop please consider downgrading Shark007 to the previous version.
You can find old versions here.
I really appreciate what you've done with this software. It is a lifesaver, and not once has it failed on me. Over the years, Windows has proven itself fairly unreliable when it comes to handling thumbnails and file properties. Numerous times, I've had to find registry fixes or reinstall Windows if the registry fixes didn't work. I should NEVER have to resort to those type of measures in order to fix that type of problem. 

Now, I'm running Windows 7, yet for some idiotic reason, Explorer doesn't even show the tag information encoded in my music files. When I enabled Properties for Audio files, using the 3.0 Beta for Icaros, my tag information showed up in an instant. If it wasn't for you developing Icaros, I would be tearing out my hair right now. It is definitely a lifesaver, and you are MUCH appreciated for what you are contributing to the world. Thank you! 
Just wanted to pipe up that I've been using icaros very happily for many years (and donated)...

Not only did he mark it Beta but it was Beta 1 (not Beta 4 or Beta 7 etc.) Can't really blame anyone if it dies a bit here and here.

~Kooga
Hi

Just installed 3.0.0 Beta 1 and it gave me this crash. Here is the dump file. I uploaded it to Mega because this forum won't let me attach files.

https://mega.nz/#!moUFBD7C!ayzc_mnFxP6wP...8C8rV8o6sc

I'm using Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64.

Thanx! Smile
djb247365,

Thank you so much for the support! 
Getting fantastic feedback like this is definitely what drives the development of Icaros. 
I truly appreciate that you took the time to write this.

Thank you again!
Kooga,

Thank you too for the support and donation! I really do appreciate it!
Bruce,

Thanks for the report!

If I can get MediaFire to work again, I intend to upload a new beta build later today.
If you could give that new build a try and see if the crash still happens, I would be much obliged.
(06-27-2015, 06:36 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Bruce,

Thanks for the report!

If I can get MediaFire to work again, I intend to upload a new beta build later today.
If you could give that new build a try and see if the crash still happens, I would be much obliged.

Sure, I will. Smile