-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.0 Beta 2
Star 
Good Evening Everyone,

I finally got MediaFire to upload these latest builds, for some reason it had become stuck in the upload process.

Right before I released Beta 1 of version 3.0.0, I made a couple of final changes to fix some less important issues.
Since these changes were rather minor, I didn't re-run any tests on the final build, but as one could expect,
one of these minor changes actually broke the cache indexer functionality (i.e. when you press the Build button on the CACHE page).

So this build is mainly released to fix that, as well as a crash caused by the new Cache implementation
(the crash mentioned in the previous release thread).

Please let me know if you find any other bugs or regressions

Enjoy the new release! ;)

[Icaros v.3.0.0 Beta 2]
- Added auto-rotation of MP4/MOV thumbnails with orientation metadata embedded
- Fixed the cache indexer/build functionality (it didn't work as intended in Beta 1)
- Fixed crash caused by the new Cache implementation
- Improved exception handling in the cache indexer
- Fixed a few typos and missing translations
- Fixed a couple of bugs which may have caused some users issues

Icaros 3.0.0 Beta 2 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.0.0 Beta 2 Portable: Download
Hi

Beta 2 is working now. No crash. Thanks! Smile

I have CACHE enabled DYNAMIC so it grows as I browse folders full of photos and videos. Everything works OK
but once I restart the computer if I browse those folders again, it takes a lot of time to get the thumbnails even
if they were already generated and cached by Icaros itself. C:\ is a fast SSD drive with Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64.

[Image: TTdJSmK.jpg]

Any help? 

Thanks you. Smile
i have 13 HDD with SSD 128GB for OS Drive

Tested with Windows 10 Pro64 Insider Build 10147
i3-2100 3Ghz CPU
8GB DDR3 Memory

Thanks for wonerful tool, i've try to understand icaros cache enabled "locations" from readme file, but not clearly understand.

what i think is, files location specified for icaros to cache generated thumbnails, so i don't need to open files for explorer generate thumbnail as before?

if yes, it will be wonderfull.

but what i've found is thumbnails will re-generated after i restart windows.

(i set icaros cache enable to dynamic)

Paul
Do you think it's possible to get .DSF (DSD) added to the properties?
(06-30-2015, 11:56 AM)MyLeech.US Wrote: but what i've found is thumbnails will re-generated after i restart windows.

Yes, that happens to me too. The Icaros cache does not make a difference if Windows 8.1/10 decides to reset its own thumbnail cache. Sad
the best way is to disable windows' own thumbnail caching use icaros' cache instead. i am using it this way
(07-01-2015, 10:58 AM)cengizhan Wrote: the best way is to disable windows' own thumbnail caching use icaros' cache instead. i am using it this way

Hello

How can I disable Windows thumbnail cache?

Thanks. Smile
I installed the Win10 insider preview as my main OS and it seems to be working great! It doesn't seem to rebuild the thumbnail cache all the time like older versions either.
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay.

Bruce Wayne, MyLeech.US,
This sounds like the cache is only working when storing the thumbnails, but not when retrieving them.
I will do a bit of testing on my Win 8.1 machine, and see if I can reproduce the problem.
If I can't reproduce the error I may have to send you debug build of Icaros to troubleshoot further, 
if that's fine with you.

Awesome Donkey,
If you could provide me with a couple of sample files, I can take a look at it.

cengizhan,
That's an interesting way of using the cache. I actually haven't tried this myself yet.
I will definitely try that.

Schroff87,
That's great news. I hope MS has finally stabilized their cache in Windows 10.
(07-01-2015, 11:57 AM)Bruce Wayne Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 10:58 AM)cengizhan Wrote: the best way is to disable windows' own thumbnail caching use icaros' cache instead. i am using it this way

Hello

How can I disable Windows thumbnail cache?

Thanks. Smile

Use this registry files. you may need to restart your system to apply new settings.

Attached Files
.reg   Enable_Thumbnail_Cache.reg (Size: 1.61 KB / Downloads: 320)
.reg   Disable_Thumbnail_Cache.reg (Size: 1.84 KB / Downloads: 328)