-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.0 Beta 2
(07-03-2015, 08:18 AM)cengizhan Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 11:57 AM)Bruce Wayne Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 10:58 AM)cengizhan Wrote: the best way is to disable windows' own thumbnail caching use icaros' cache instead. i am using it this way

Hello

How can I disable Windows thumbnail cache?

Thanks. Smile

Use this registry files. you may need to restart your system to apply new settings.

Ok. Thank you very much. Smile

I tried them and the Windows thumbnails stopped working as expected but Icaros cache still won't retrieve the thumbnails. Sad

It looks like a Windows 8.1 problem. Thanks anyway. Smile

I will try Windows 10 this weekend.
(07-03-2015, 05:40 AM)Xanashi Wrote: If I can't reproduce the error I may have to send you debug build of Icaros to troubleshoot further, 
if that's fine with you.

Yes, it's fine. I love being a beta tester. Smile
(07-03-2015, 10:54 AM)Bruce Wayne Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 05:40 AM)Xanashi Wrote: If I can't reproduce the error I may have to send you debug build of Icaros to troubleshoot further, 
if that's fine with you.

Yes, it's fine. I love being a beta tester. Smile

may be a file access error. thumbnail file access may be denied by windows. change thumbnail cache location to somewhere else like drive d.
(07-03-2015, 05:40 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay.
MyLeech.US,
...I may have to send you debug build of Icaros to troubleshoot further, 
if that's fine with you.

i love to be that.

lately, i'm running on Windows 10 latest build 10159 @SSD-OS Drive with 13xHDD of HD-Video,
crash still happend.

( this time, only dynamic cache create enabled, thumbs, property not yet.)

i'm try, but can't to send you the dmp. each dmp size is bigger to upload it. > 1.5 GB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bug Report
if i enable mp3 in properties section, windows explorer doesn't show artist, album name, etc.
I installed Windows 10 10162 and now Icaros works fine. Smile

It was a problem of Windows 8.1.

Thanks.
i am using the non installer version (zip). but it is no saving settings in program's own directory. so it is not portable.
cengizhan,
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you described with mp3 properties.
Once the next beta is out, I suggest you try it and use the 'Reset Property Filetypes' button, which will be available in the new release.

As for Icaros being portable. 
Windows Shell Extensions are inherently not portable, they will always need to modify the registry to work.
Since Icaros is already modifying the registry, it also stores its settings in there.

After deactivating Icaros (and deleting the IcarosCache) the only values that should be left from Icaros should be in the following reg keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Icaros
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Icaros

I could possibly make a batch script which could be included in the portable releases, that would delete these two keys. 
I couldn't see the image you linked in your previous post. Could you re-up it to the forum? :)

Bruce Wayne & MyLeech.US ,
The upcoming beta should fix the issues you had with the IcarosCache. It was indeed a problem with folder read/write permissions,
as suggested by cengizhan.
I've changed the default cache location to a more ideal location.

MyLeech.US,
would it be possible for you to zip one of those huge minidump files and upload to a file host like mediafire.com, mega.nz or perhaps Google Drive
(I'm not sure if they allow files of that size though). :/

RakotGOD,
As soon as the next beta has been released, I will start testing Icaros on Windows 10.
I'll put this problem on the check list.
(08-11-2015, 12:07 PM)Xanashi Wrote: cengizhan,
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you described with mp3 properties.
Once the next beta is out, I suggest you try it and use the 'Reset Property Filetypes' button, which will be available in the new release.

As for Icaros being portable. 
Windows Shell Extensions are inherently not portable, they will always need to modify the registry to work.
Since Icaros is already modifying the registry, it also stores its settings in there.

After deactivating Icaros (and deleting the IcarosCache) the only values that should be left from Icaros should be in the following reg keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Icaros
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Icaros

I could possibly make a batch script which could be included in the portable releases, that would delete these two keys. 
I couldn't see the image you linked in your previous post. Could you re-up it to the forum? Smile

i run IcarosConfig.exe. i had to enable icaros, add some file types like (avi, mpg, ts, m2ts), enable cache and change it to dynamic.

i think these can be written to an .ini file
or you can put export-settings/import-settings buttons.

note: the image was added by a stupid firefox extension.
Ah, I see, nevermind about the image then. :P

I'd rather add these settings to the registry, simply because I already have everything set up to use the registry.
I could add an import/export function of settings though, if that would help?