-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.0 Beta 3
Star 
Hello Everyone,

I have a new build ready today, with a good number of fixes and a reintroduction
of some previous features, which was available in earlier versions of the GUI.

These functions has been added to the new Tools page in IcarosConfig.

I've also finished up the work to allow theming of IcarosConfig, if anyone is interested.
I'll post a guide sometime soon(ish).

In the previous Beta build there was an issue with the internal cache, where it didn't 
work correctly for some users because the folder where the cache was stored didn't have
proper read/write permissions, so Icaros couldn't access it.
So I've changed the default location of the cache, and added a couple of checks to circumvent
this problem.

If you have had any trouble with the Icaros Cache and it still doesn't work after updating to Beta 3,
please try and reset the cache location in IcarosConfig.

I haven't recieved too many reports from the previous Beta, so this build should fix most of 
the problems reported.
There are still a few issues open from Windows 10, which I will look into after this release.

As always let me know if you run into any new bugs or regressions with this new build!

Now, Enjoy the new release! ;)

[Icaros v.3.0.0 Beta 3]
- Added new Tools page to IcarosConfig
- Added Portuguese Localization (Many thanks to Rubens!)
- Finished theming code (a guide will be posted soon)
- Fixed crash when parsing invalid AVC tracks
- Fixed crash when reading PCM tracks in MKV files on 32-bit systems
- Fixed crash when parsing certain invalid AVI files
- Improved logic to determine the default Icaros cache location 
  (fixes cache not working in some instances)
- Improved checks on user selected cache locations
- Improved track info displayed for FLV files
- Updated Compilers (GCC 5.2 & VS2015)
- Updated FFmpeg

Icaros 3.0.0 Beta 3 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.0.0 Beta 3 Portable: Download

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To All Translators:

I have updated the Icaros Localization Template with a couple of new additions and changes. 
You can find the new template HERE

Thanks for keeping Icaros translated! :)
Sorry everyone. I have to reupload the build, as there was small typo in the build script, so the 32-bit property handler didn't get compiled.
The links will be back up shortly.

EDIT: Alright links are back up again. ;)
Before anything thank you, I've been using icaros for a few years, up to the moment I had no problems with, but now on windows 10, to activate the thumbmails, icons of the applications in the taskbar are not correctly, are white, some are not or are deformed, that's the only drawback, is that it damages or doesn't rebuild well the file IconCache.db from folder % localappdata %. I hope to correct that.
(08-12-2015, 04:47 AM)zerouser Wrote: Before anything thank you, I've been using icaros for a few years, up to the moment I had no problems with, but now on windows 10, to activate the thumbmails, icons of the applications in the taskbar are not correctly, are white, some are not or are deformed, that's the only drawback, is that it damages or doesn't rebuild well the file IconCache.db from folder % localappdata %. I hope to correct that.

Since I am unable to reproduce your issue on 2 different systems,
I suggest that you uninstall your graphics driver and then let Windows Update install it.
Beta 3 working fine here. No crashes at all. Smile

I have three ideas to add.

1) Show a button to open the Windows Thumbnails folder C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer and...

2) Create a button to make a backup of the Windows Thumbnail cache itself, something like in this mock-up I made.

[Image: Ixncp8o.jpg]

The backup button could call a BAT file with this code:

Quote:@echo off

:: Go to C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\
c:
cd %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\

:: Remove previous "Explorer - Copy" backup (2>nul: ignore directory doesn't exist)
rd "Explorer - Copy" /s/q 2>nul

:: Create new one (echo d: copy a directory)
echo d | xcopy Explorer "Explorer - Copy" /y

I have this BAT file running on every Windows restart to backup the Windows Thumbnail cache in case it gets deleted by the dumb Windows 10.
Some people may find it useful. Icaros could even make the BAT file run on every restart, something optional.

3) And also show the current size of the Icaros cache itself as currently it is not shown anywhere and only shows percentage of disk usage.

Just some silly ideas. Smile

Thanx!
(08-12-2015, 11:10 AM)Shark007 Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 04:47 AM)zerouser Wrote: Before anything thank you, I've been using icaros for a few years, up to the moment I had no problems with, but now on windows 10, to activate the thumbmails, icons of the applications in the taskbar are not correctly, are white, some are not or are deformed, that's the only drawback, is that it damages or doesn't rebuild well the file IconCache.db from folder % localappdata %. I hope to correct that.

Since I am unable to reproduce your issue on 2 different systems,
I suggest that you uninstall your graphics driver and then let Windows Update install it.

I was checking, when you run a program of cleaning such as CCleaner or Wise, if mark iconcache, with icaros enabled when you restart the pc, the file is not created successfully, but for now uncheck the option of iconcache and going better.

Better than disable icaros, provide cleaning and each start to activate it again.

This just me has been on windows 10, 8.1 and 7 never gave me problem to clean th pc with all the marked options.
Hi zerouser,

Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 or did you upgrade your system?
Could you tell me the name of your Graphics Card?

You're not the first to report this issue, however I have a hard time reproducing the problem.
It doesn't seem to be a common issue though, so there might be several factors involved.
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will definitely consider adding 1) and 2), however I will probably use C# to accomplish 2).
(still thanks for the bat script) ;)

As for 3), this should already be available on the Cache page. 
See the below screenshot. Right next to the percent indicator, in the header, it shows entries and size of the internal cache.

(08-13-2015, 09:55 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi Bruce,

As for 3), this should already be available on the Cache page. 
See the below screenshot. Right next to the percent indicator, in the header, it shows entries and size of the internal cache.

How strange! It is not shown on mine. Sad

[Image: OqXHmUx.jpg]