-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.0 Beta 3
Did you turn the light glass opacity up to 100%?

The text is white which is currently why you can't see the stats.
As soon as I've finished the theming guide, it will be possible to adjust these colors, 
so users with light backgrounds will be able to fix things like this.
i am using the zip version. it is installed in drive d. cache was working with previosu version (beta 2). now it doesnt work. it says that it doesnt have write permission. but that folder is accessible by users.

how do you check if it has necessary permissions?
It performs a fairly simple check of the folder once you select it.
The check itself is not a 100% accurate though, so you can just ignore it if you happen to know that folder will work
with the IcarosCache.
(08-13-2015, 10:31 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Did you turn the light glass opacity up to 100%?

The text is white which is currently why you can't see the stats.
As soon as I've finished the theming guide, it will be possible to adjust these colors, 
so users with light backgrounds will be able to fix things like this.

Now it shows! It seems I played with the settings months ago and forgot about them. Now I moved the "light" slider back to 0% and everything is OK. Thanx! Smile

[Image: xRiH434.jpg]
Excellent. ^__^

The transparency sliders determine how transparent the glass in the sidebar and on the cache page is.
0% is completely transparent and 100% is completely opaque. ;)
(08-13-2015, 02:45 PM)Xanashi Wrote: It performs a fairly simple check of the folder once you select it.
The check itself is not a 100% accurate though, so you can just ignore it if you happen to know that folder will work
with the IcarosCache.

it seems that the logic is not accurate.
none of the folders i have selected worked. any folder in drive d and drive e.  no cache is created. only drive c is accepted.

do i have to use the installer version which i dont like?
i found the reason that does make your logic fail. you only check folder permission with current user's name.

- you may try to create a file, update it, then check for folder permission.

OR

- you should not check the folder permission by only checking with his user name.
- you should also check with user group names like Users and Administrators which the user is a member of.
I'm aware that the current logic is far from optimal.
The problem is I'm trying to check folder permissions from a UAC elevated application.
This brings a world of trouble with it, because IcarosConfig pretty much has access to anything an admin has access to,
and impersonating the currently logged in user to check his permissions is not entirely straight forward.

I'll see what I can do to improve this logic.

The warning dialog does say "may not work", and gives you the option
to set the directory as your cache location anyway.
(08-14-2015, 03:28 AM)Xanashi Wrote: I'm aware that the current logic is far from optimal.
The problem is I'm trying to check folder permissions from a UAC elevated application.
This brings a world of trouble with it, because IcarosConfig pretty much has access to anything an admin has access to,
and impersonating the currently logged in user to check his permissions is not entirely straight forward.

I'll see what I can do to improve this logic.

The warning dialog does say "may not work", and gives you the option
to set the directory as your cache location anyway.

after that warning icaros doesnt create any file in that folder. but, if i add current user to folder's permissions list, icaros start to use that folder.

so that uac thing fails to determine if the current user actullay has permission to write to that folder when the cache folder is not in system drive (drive C)
I've only added a check when a user sets a new cache location in IcarosConfig, 
the rest of the cache logic works exactly like it did in the previous beta.
The check does not affect how the IcarosCache operates.

So if the cache files are not created, it really means that Icaros couldn't access that folder during thumbnailing.

Did the folder you're testing on work in beta 2?