-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.1 Beta 2
You can also set the "epub" extension for Icaros thumbnail previews of image files (usually the book cover) contained inside of an ePub book, as this file format also uses zip compression.
(06-22-2016, 04:42 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Bruce Wayne,
That is great news! Glad you got it working without reinstalling.

I'm currently working on several improvements to the IcarosCache, that should make it more simple and rewarding to use.
I'll see what I can do about keeping the dynamic cache intact during rebuilds, while I'm at it. 

Bad news. The Icaros cache stopped working again. I had reinstalled Windows 10 and installed latest Icaros beta 2. It worked for a while.

I have noticed that the Icaros cache folder creates several different files:

[Image: TcUsGPl.jpg]

And only when the Icaros thumbnails are generated at 1280, "Win 10 Icons" Icaros size, dynamic or static, photo or video, they are used by Windows 10. Is there any way to force Icaros to always use 1280 when using dynamic cache?

I still don't know why Icaros dynamic cache works after a Windows 10 fresh install and later stops and then only works if forcing Icaros static cache Win 10 Icons. I don't have any special program installed, just internet browsers, Winrar, Icaros, etc.

Thanks. Smile
It works fine on Win 10 14385. Just one problem, it is slower to thumbnail m2ts files v/s 3.0 stable.

PDF files are thumbnailed if you install Sumatra PDF. Either user can install that or you can ask for assistance from its author.
Cant get it to work in windows 10, no matter the version. It just keeps showing the default thumbnails that windows chose. Anyone have a fix?
Hello, first I must thank devs for this lovable program..

Umm, I see many people have problem with this works in windows 10?
I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) and it works fine at first try..
I'm using the portable ver., dunno what the difference with the installer one..
for steps, I have followed the tutorial given in the readme.txt

so, I had this folder with 700+ videos inside and windows can't generate the thumbnails for this..
and I used this program and it works wonderfully.. all my videos have thumbnails now.. but.. >.>
[see attachment] => can I request it so the program can change the thumbnail for particular files??
maybe something like " refresh/pick new thumbnail for this files " >.< well somthing like that

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I deleted the windows thumbnail cache and restarted the PC, still the windows thumbnails are rebuilt no matter the options chosen in Icaros, I dont know what to do, It worked with windows 8.1, but now it doesnt.
(08-04-2016, 11:17 AM)xtali007 Wrote: I deleted the windows thumbnail cache and restarted the PC, still the windows thumbnails are rebuilt no matter the options chosen in Icaros, I dont know what to do, It worked with windows 8.1, but now it doesnt.

hmm, I'll try to help..
follow the tutorial in readme.txt?

make sure thumbnailing, properties, cache status are [activated, activated, enabled (...) ]
go to cache > location > add folders you want the thumbnails > settings > rebuild cache

and just to make sure, tap windows button in keyboard > type in 'adjust' > select the "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" option > make sure :
1. Save taskbar thumbnails preview
2. Show thumbnails instead of icons
are checked propery
also, this is weird.. just reported it..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-04-2016, 11:00 PM)moevora Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 11:17 AM)xtali007 Wrote: I deleted the windows thumbnail cache and restarted the PC, still the windows thumbnails are rebuilt no matter the options chosen in Icaros, I dont know what to do, It worked with windows 8.1, but now it doesnt.

hmm, I'll try to help..
follow the tutorial in readme.txt?

make sure thumbnailing, properties, cache status are [activated, activated, enabled (...) ]
go to cache > location > add folders you want the thumbnails > settings > rebuild cache

and just to make sure, tap windows button in keyboard > type in 'adjust' > select the "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" option > make sure :
1. Save taskbar thumbnails preview
2. Show thumbnails instead of icons
are checked propery

Tried it all, the thing that I notice now is that under CACHE, when I check its location, Its empty, I dont know what is going on with Win10 that it fucks with it so much, it used to work perfectly.
Umm, hello want to report.. my explorer doesnt work now.. it cant handle much data..