-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.1 Beta 2
(08-18-2016, 08:33 AM)cengizhan Wrote: i am using zip version in drive d. i cannot set set location to any folder on drive d. it always gives error "selected fodler doesnt have the proper read/write permissions". but i can copy/dlete anything on that folder.

Oh, I recall the problem now.
I'll have to read up on some of the previous threads about this. Then revisit the issue.
(08-20-2016, 07:51 AM)dakooga Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 04:45 AM)Xanashi Wrote: 2. How did you get epub files to thumbnail? :D
I'm pretty sure I haven't added that format to Icaros yet. *scratching head*

Well well well... I was going to wait until the dust settled on Beta 2 before asking for that feature!

Someone earlier said this:
Quote:You can also set the "epub" extension for Icaros thumbnail previews of image files (usually the book cover) contained inside of an ePub book, as this file format also uses zip compression.

But I'm sure it's more complex than that...

~koog.

Good news! It really wasn't more complex than that. :D
Most Epub files have a similar structure (archive with images inside), so adding epub to Icaros is straight forward.
I'm going to add the extension to the upcoming release of Icaros.
(08-21-2016, 04:49 AM)moevora Wrote: 1. Oh wow, thanks for the guide.. I didnt know that..
2. I just added 'epub' to thumbnail filetypes.. forget it then..
3. Well the explorer just freeze and I cant do anything in the folder (thumbnail generated but freeze halfway, cant delete/copy/move)
But, it works fine now after I clear the caches and restart.. >.>
From my guess the problem caused by pdf handlers from 'PDF Preview for Windows 10'.. I was trying to get thumbnail for my pdfs files, so I downloaded this program..

btw, SumatraPDF installer type can generate thumbnails for pdfs in win10?
I used SumatraPDF (portable) myself..

1. No problem, hope it works for you!

2. After some testing, I can confirm that epub files work pretty will with the current version of Icaros. :)
I will be adding it as a default format to the next release of Icaros.

3. Okay, let me know if you have any further issues with this. And if you think Icaros is involved in any way.

I too use the SumatraPDF portable version, so I haven't actually tried their shell extension yet,
but as far as I can tell from their website, if you use the installer to install Sumatra, you get the option 
to install their shell extension as well. And it should work on Windows 10.
(08-31-2016, 07:58 PM)VirMoe Wrote: Thanks a lot. It works well for me.
But some of the webp format images showed video thumbnails, this may make me confused. How can i cancel it but don't affect common video?
My native language is not English, sorry for my broken English.

That's actually my bad. Webp files should be registered by Icaros as an image format, but they're currently not.
I'll be fixing this in one of the next releases of Icaros, but for now please grab the attached reg-file and 
double-click it to fix the issue.

Once you have 'merged' the file with your registry, open IcarosConfig, go to the Tools page, and click 'Refresh'.
That should make your thumbnails appear correctly.

Attached Files
.reg   webp-fix.reg (Size: 248 bytes / Downloads: 125)