-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.0.1 Beta 3
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have another beta ready for testing.

It's mostly comprised of bug fixes, a couple of smaller new features, and new translations.

I've added several new commandline options as per requested by Icaros users,
and implemented a new notifier on the thumbnail page, when users perform drag and drop operations on that page.
See more on both features below.

FFmpeg hasn't been updated this time around. As soon as the FFmpeg fork Icaros is using is updated,
I will probably release another small update.

Polish and Turkish localizations has been added to Icaros, thanks to Xyzzy and Torelafes!

Enjoy the new release! ;)

[Icaros v.3.0.1 Beta 3]

- Added new commandline options (see notes)
- Added notifier to thumbnail page that shows results of drag n drop operations (see notes)
- Added 'Video Only' and 'Audio Only' presets
- Added Polish localization (Thank you Xyzzy!)
- Added Turkish localization (Thank you Torelafes!)
- Fixed Optimfrog thumbnailing
- Fixed Optimfrog bitrate values
- Made EPUB a default filetype
- Updated Danish, Portuguese and Russian localization
- Improved donation links (labels and extra info)
- Fixed a handful of minor bugs

Icaros 3.0.1 Beta 3 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.0.1 Beta 3 Portable: Download

[Release Notes]

= New Commands = 

-activate/-decative (changes)
-activate and -deactivate can be followed by either 'thumbnails' or 'properties' to only target one of the
two shell extensions (e.g. -activate=thumbnails to activate thumbnailing only).

Without the '=thumbnails' or '=properties' both extensions will be targeted.

-settings
Use this command to Export/Import/Reset/Delete Icaros settings.
To select the specific mode follow -settings with an equals and the mode:

Export: -settings=exp or -settings=export
Import: -settings=imp or -settings=import
Reset:  -settings=rst or -settings=reset
Delete: -settings=del or -settings=delete

-path         
Use to Export or Import the Icaros settings to/from a specific location, e.g:

Export: -path="C:\Some\Path\Name\"
Import: -path="C:\Some\Path\Name\IcarosSettings.icss"

Examples
Command to deactivate Icaros and export the Icaros settings:

IcarosConfig.exe -deactivate -settings=exp -path="C:\Path\To\Settings"

Command to import Icaros settings and activate Icaros with these settings:

IcarosConfig.exe -activate -settings=imp -path="C:\Path\To\Settings\IcarosSettings.icss"

= Thumbnail Page Notifier = 

Instead of more text I thought it would be easier to explain with images

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks.
Btw, I notice something strange for a long time now.
When extracting files from archives, explorer makes the extraction hang and slow down especially on MKV files because it's trying to thumbnail.
Wouldn't there be a way to put the thumbnailing on auto-pause while winrar or another similar app is running?
The installer still cannot close explorer.exe during install and throws up an error instead.
After manually 'killing' explorer.exe the installer works flawlessly. Then, explorer.exe has to be started manually to finish the process.
I have experienced this same issue with the last several versions. Could this be due to a firewall permission?
(09-01-2016, 08:22 AM)Lenmaer Wrote: Thanks.
When extracting files from archives, explorer makes the extraction hang and slow down especially on MKV files because it's trying to thumbnail.
Wouldn't there be a way to put the thumbnailing on auto-pause while winrar or another similar app is running?

this is not related with icaros.  no program checks archiving programs or others and pause. there is no such thing and there should not be.
(09-06-2016, 06:06 AM)cengizhan Wrote:

this is not related with icaros.  no program checks archiving programs or others and pause. there is no such thing and there should not be.

Icaros being associated with explorer, therefore they are related. Explorer doesn't thumbnail while muxing files with MKVmerge, so I think Icaros might be able to also when extracting files from archives.
Besides I wasn't talking to you, so please mind your own business.
Thank you for the excellent work (as always!)
Something strange happened; with the newfound thumbnail support fixed for OptimFrog, it appears to have become broken for TAK files....

I completely agree that this is far from optimal behavior. And I have actually been looking for a solution for this several times before.
Unfortunately there is just not enough information for Icaros to determine if a file is currently being downloaded or extracted.

The problem is that as soon as Windows detects a file with a certain extension (e.g. mkv), it instantly asks the current shell extension
(in this case Icaros) for a thumbnail. To protect the user from potential security vulnerabilities, it only send the raw data of that file to the 
shell extension, and thus doesn't reveal any information about the current state of that file.

The best way I've found to get around this problem, is to instruct the program that extracts or downloads the file to use a temporary 
filetype while it's processing the files (e.g. movie.mkv.tmp), and finally rename the file to it's real filetype once it's done.
That way the file won't be associated with any shell extensions until it is finished downloading or extracting.

With that said, not every software out there supports this feature, so even that solution won't always work.

Alternatively you can extract the file into a temporary folder that you're not currently viewing/browsing in Explorer.
Again not really a great solution, but it works.
(09-04-2016, 11:03 AM)Tellurian Wrote: The installer still cannot close explorer.exe during install and throws up an error instead.
After manually 'killing' explorer.exe the installer works flawlessly. Then, explorer.exe has to be started manually to finish the process.
I have experienced this same issue with the last several versions. Could this be due to a firewall permission?

I'll check it out. What version of Windows are you currently using?
(10-10-2016, 04:21 PM)ZavierQuixote Wrote: Thank you for the excellent work (as always!)

Thank you! ^__^
Appreciate the support!

Quote:Something strange happened; with the newfound thumbnail support fixed for OptimFrog, it appears to have become broken for TAK files....

TAK files appears to work fine here. Could you elaborate what isn't working?