-->>Setup and usage<<--          
New Release: 3.1.0 Beta 1
Star 
Good Afternoon again Everyone,

Time for a new Beta version of Icaros with lots of new changes and fixes.

The changelog below as well as the developer notes should cover most of the changes in this build,
so no reason to write more notes up here. Oh one note though, I've bumped the version number a bit this 
release due to some pretty significant FFmpeg changes.

Enjoy the new release! ;)

[Icaros v.3.1.0 Beta 1]

- Added new Dark theme (UI settings page)
- Added "Test mode" on thumbnailing page (See developer notes below)
- Improved Icaros Cache so it now returns a resized thumbnail if a larger sized version of that thumbnail has already been cached
- Fixed several Icaros Cache Indexer issues
- Fixed file count limit shown in IcarosConfig while running the cache indexer
- Fixed metadata parsing in some AVI files
- Fixed some minor GUI inconsistencies in IcarosConfig
- Refactored a good amount of libav code (watch out for regressions!)
- Discontinued support for Windows XP (See developer notes below. Use Icaros 3.0.3 for XP support)
- Icaros now outputs some more comprehensive minidumps (while hopefully not increasing the size too much)
- Improved compilation of FFmpeg
- Updated localizations
- Updated GCC to 7.3
- Updated FFmpeg

Icaros 3.1.0 Beta 1 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.1.0 Beta 1 Portable: Download

Issue Tracker

[Developer Notes]

= Dark theme =

I've added a new theme option to Icaros. I'm not sure if I'm completely satisfied with it yet, so I'm still tweaking the color scheme.
Be sure to let me know if there are some colors I've forgotten to adjust. 
I know IcarosConfig is not a GUI that is opened all that often, but it still nice to offer this option to users that prefer the dark
colors for better readability and overall OS theme consistency.

= Test mode =

I've made some changes to the 'Thumbnailing Page' that will now allow users to "Test" how specific files interact with Icaros. 
Basically it allows users to see if a thumbnail can be properly extracted by Icaros, if its thumbnail gets correctly fetched from the Icaros Cache,
and how fast the Icaros performs the extraction of the thumbnail. 

This feature is very basic right now and there is still much room for improvement here, but this is a good start.

To enable 'Test mode', hold right 'Ctrl + Alt' and drag n drop a file into the 'Thumbnailing Page' you should then get the following:

Once enabled, you can continually drag n drop different files into the window and see the results of these files.
To disable test mode again, simply click the 'X' in the right side of the notifier strip.

= Windows XP support = 

In case anyone didn't read the last release post, from this build onwards, Icaros will officially no longer support Windows XP.
The reason being that FFmpeg recently dropped support for Windows XP,
and we're simply following suit, as we rely heavily on FFmpeg for thumbnailing.
Bump
The dark theme looks nice and thumbnails are generated quickly but I still have problems with mp3 thumbnails with every version after 3.0.2, including this version.  Com surrogate crashes and I have to sign in again to get it to work. I've reverted to that old version again.

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    DllHost.exe
Application Version:    10.0.14393.0
Application Timestamp:    57899b69
Fault Module Name:    IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Fault Module Version:    3.0.9.301
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00000000000124bb
OS Version:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.125
Additional Information 1:    5b3f
Additional Information 2:    5b3fd23a4139d7cf42cfd7122c2cda7b
Additional Information 3:    a161
Additional Information 4:    a161a1f167cc538ff5bb341e947a337d
(03-28-2018, 08:18 AM)Schroff87 Wrote: The dark theme looks nice and thumbnails are generated quickly but I still have problems with mp3 thumbnails with every version after 3.0.2, including this version.  Com surrogate crashes and I have to sign in again to get it to work. I've reverted to that old version again.

Hi Schroff87,

Thanks for the feedback! :)
I've just checked my list of issues and bugs, and last time I investigated your report, I ended up needing more info.
So good thing you reported it again, now I can ask you some follow up questions.

If possible could you send me one of the mp3 files that causes the crash (if you know somewhat which files are affected)?

If not possible, try the following:

1. Grab the two attached reg files from this post
2. Double-click the "Enable Icaros debug mode" file. Allow the merge.
3. Make Icaros crash again, this time it should output a minidump for better debugging.
4. Send me the minidump
5. Double-click the "Disable Icaros debug mode" file to get out of debug mode.

Attached Files
.reg   Enabled_icaros_debug_mode.reg (Size: 212 bytes / Downloads: 18)
.reg   Disabled_icaros_debug_mode - Copy.reg (Size: 186 bytes / Downloads: 18)