-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
New Release: 3.2.0 Beta 1

Star 
Good evening Everyone,

It's been way too long since the last release, and I apologize for that.
I also hope you all can forgive me for not being super active on the support threads. I'll try my best to get to all of you!

Since the previous release, I've been working on a lot of different things for Icaros, and they all individually ended up
delaying the next release again and again.
So I finally decided to finish up one of these new features (the debug page) and get out a new build.
The other features will have to come later (and hopefully with less wait)!

I had planned to put out the 3.1.1 final today as well, but I injured my hand recently and had to keep computer work to a minimum,
so I decided to skip the final this time around and try and get 3.2.0 out as a final as soon as possible.
If there are no major bugs or regressions in this build, it should be re-released as final soon.

Once again thanks to everyone who has donated, helped with translations and helped out with troubleshooting
bugs. I really appreciate it!

And for the sake of full transparency, here is the combined amount of donations recieved in 2019:

2019 - $140

Enjoy the new release! ^__^

[Icaros v.3.2.0 Beta 1]

- Added a new Debug page in IcarosConfig
  - Allows users to run any number files through various thumbnail and property tests,
    seeing what results are returned, which files failed, timings, what shell extensions are used, etc.
  - Can be located on the Tools page, under the Debug tab
  - Can be accessed from anywhere in IcarosConfig using 'F2' keyboard shortcut
- Added Korean translation (Thank you jewani! ^__^)
- Added PSD as a default filetype and DDS as a common filetype
- Improved Welcome screen
  - Welcome screen is now localized
  - Has options to set language and theme
  - Can be accessed at any point with 'F1' keyboard shortcut
- Improved EPUB/CBX parser with a much better cover detection algorithm
- Improved method used to refresh thumbnails in IcarosConfig
- Fixed a LARGE quantity of cache bugs and 1 cache crash
- Fixed alpha channel being incorrectly set in some files' thumbnails
- Fixed rare cases where the thumbnail returned was slightly larger than requested
- Fixed rare Wav property crash
- Fixed a lot of rendering and positioning problems in IcarosConfig (IC)
  - Fixed IC being improperly sized/positioned when starting up in Maximized window state
  - Fixed IC blocking the auto-hidden taskbar when in Maximized windows state
  - Fixed IC being improperly positioned when the Windows Taskbar is positioned top or right on the screen
  - Fixed glass not rendering correctly in certain conditions when IC is maximized
  - Always center IC on the screen if IC window position is not saved but the window size is
- Updated GCC
- Updated dav1d to 0.6.0
- Updated FFmpeg
- Tons of minor fixes and improvements

Icaros 3.2.0 Beta 1 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.2.0 Beta 1 Portable: Download

Issue Tracker

What! How come I just saw this... downloaded and installed just fine, minor thing the installer says 3.1.9.

I contributed before and I'm VERY happy to contribute again... 

Quick thought for the future:
- Video gifs as thumbs for video files they animate on hover.  Say 8 frame @ 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80% of the way through a media file, replacing an exising cover art if any on hover... reckon that possible with some ffmpeg magic?

In the meantime I'm gonna send some money.

Hope you stay safe, thanks for the effort. I'll post if anything happens...

~ Kooga

ps. I figure you updated the forum and ditched the old db? I got username back woo hoo!

(10-09-2020, 07:39 PM)dakooga Wrote: What! How come I just saw this... downloaded and installed just fine, minor thing the installer says 3.1.9.

I contributed before and I'm VERY happy to contribute again... 

Quick thought for the future:
- Video gifs as thumbs for video files they animate on hover.  Say 8 frame @ 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80% of the way through a media file, replacing an exising cover art if any on hover... reckon that possible with some ffmpeg magic?

~ Kooga

ps. I figure you updated the forum and ditched the old db? I got username back woo hoo!

About the version: https://shark007.net/forum/Thread-What-version

Thanks @LongKick64 makes sense...

When to expect the second beta release?

sugestion:

the wav file  property handler does not offer display or editing of RIFF tags. 

tho rare, wav files can contain riff tags.   MP3Tag now offers this...

Another comment:

many audio file attribute display tools tell you that the file has such and such a "bit-rate",  which is [maybe] an indicator of the quality setting - that's sometimes useful, an MP3 at 128  is "worse" that at 320.  For a VBR the number is less useful, but ok.

But for a WAV or FLAC it doesn't have real meaning.  what they should tell is the "size format" of the file, as in "48KHz 24-bit" or "44.1KHz 16-bit".   Your FLAC and WAV property handlers  do tell me the bit-depth and type, but not the sample-rate nor the number-of-channels,  which would be more valuable than bit-rate IMHO.

Thanks for listening, I do love Icaros, very very useful...

(01-01-2021, 06:36 PM)javacatpaul Wrote: sugestion:

the wav file  property handler does not offer display or editing of RIFF tags. 

tho rare, wav files can contain riff tags.   MP3Tag now offers this...

I'll be sure to look into this one!

(01-01-2021, 06:36 PM)javacatpaul Wrote: Another comment:

many audio file attribute display tools tell you that the file has such and such a "bit-rate",  which is [maybe] an indicator of the quality setting - that's sometimes useful, an MP3 at 128  is "worse" that at 320.  For a VBR the number is less useful, but ok.

But for a WAV or FLAC it doesn't have real meaning.  what they should tell is the "size format" of the file, as in "48KHz 24-bit" or "44.1KHz 16-bit".   Your FLAC and WAV property handlers  do tell me the bit-depth and type, but not the sample-rate nor the number-of-channels,  which would be more valuable than bit-rate IMHO.

Thanks for listening, I do love Icaros, very very useful...

Well, Icaros does provide these properties (see screenshots below), however they are not currently featured in the details pane in File Explorer.
I'll see what I can do to add them there as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-09-2020, 07:39 PM)dakooga Wrote: Quick thought for the future:

This would be an amazing feature, but unfortunately shell extensions don't have that level of control over how files are rendered in Explorer.
That is all up to Microsoft. So if such a feature had to be implemented, it would have to be done by Microsoft.
Alternatively, there may be a third-party Explorer variant, that may offer a feature like this, or perhaps a Windows Shell mod, but I would
always advocate caution when using any Windows mods, as they may introduce additional vulnerabilities and instabilities in Windows.

(10-09-2020, 07:39 PM)dakooga Wrote: I contributed before and I'm VERY happy to contribute again... 

~ Kooga

Thank you so much Kooga! <3
I really appreciate it. I hope you stay safe as well!