-->>Setup and usage<<--          
No audio MKV files - Windows Movies & TV
Hi All,

I have been trying for 2 days to get an MKV file I have to play audio via Windows Movies & TV.

I regrettably used K-lite and installed Malware, then I tried Shark's but still no sound.

When I select details on the MKV file, under audio, it says AAC 6.1 [Und] - Channels 7 - Audio Sample rate 24Khz

This file has HDR and Windows Movies & TV is the only software that properly displays the bright and vibrant colors associated with HDR. Every other player I tried (VLC, PowerDVD, 5K Player etc...) all play the video with no HDR. The colors are washed out.

I am on Windows 10 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I didn't think it would be such a hassle to play HDR content on a PC!

If you need a screenshot comparison to see what I'm talking about, let me know.

Best regards,
Armen
The Windows Movie and TV app does not use directshow codecs.
I cannot help you with that player.

On my Tools page, download and install the MPC-BE (with madVR) player.
That player will use my codecs and display HDR in all of its glory.
(01-21-2018, 05:50 PM)Shark007 Wrote: The Windows Movie and TV app does not use directshow codecs.
I cannot help you with that player.

On my Tools page, download and install the MPC-BE (with madVR) player.

Thanks for the quick reply Shark! Much appreciated.

I used the player you recommended and this player is better than the other players, I still notice that the Movies & TV App plays the video better.

Do you have any recommendations? I have your codec pack installed and I reset the settings to default.

I attached a screenshot - the left window is your player and the right is the Movies & TV app. You can notice the difference in brightness and colors too.

Thanks again for the help!

https://ibb.co/gshEOb
(01-21-2018, 05:50 PM)Shark007 Wrote: On my Tools page, download and install the MPC-BE (with madVR) player.

You have misunderstood me about that player.
(Or possibly... i have misunderstood you)

Having used it before does not equal using my pre-configured version of the player while having my codecs installed.
Also know, the madVR version is needed for proper HDR presentation.
You should access the madVR settings as some changes may be needed.