-->>Setup and usage<<--          
No audio in Live tv Windows Media Center
I have Win 8.1 and it came with WMC and I use AVerMedia USB tuner. I've had it for a couple years, worked perfectly fine until about 5 days ago. All audio on recently recorded or live tv has no sound. WMC sound effects work fine, just not live tv. Old recorded shows play fine, audio and all
I went to sounder mixer on tool bar, WMC is not muted, bought a new AVerMedia tuner, nope still no sound. Checked coaxial cables, switched them out and still nothing. Downloaded JRiver Media center and the video works fine, but again no audio.
There is a sound of hissing, like static, but that's all.
Anyone have any ideas? Someone told me to try a codec package - but I have no idea what that is.
A codec package is not going to fix this issue.
This will sound odd but installing new Video drivers may fix your issue.
Go to the gpu manufacturers site, such as nvidia, amd or intel and get the latest drivers from there.
(07-29-2017, 02:26 AM)Shark007 Wrote: A codec package is not going to fix this issue.
This will sound odd but installing new Video drivers may fix your issue.
Go to the gpu manufacturers site, such as nvidia, amd or intel and get the latest drivers from there.

I updated my Nvidia driver to the latest and there was still no sound - so I called Direct tv and they were the ones with the problem! They refreshed my receiver and I have audio now, I should have called them 1st 4 days ago!~
But at least I now have updated drivers , lol
Thanks for your help!