-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Properties severely lacking
So you’ve got obscure types in video properties that no-one’s ever heard of, like RM and RMVB, yet MP4 – the popular video format in existence – is no-where to be seen! Plus no VOB, WMV, MOV, M4V or TS.

There are custom Thumbnail Types, so why not Properties? just doesn’t make sense. It certainly makes NO sense not to include the types I mentioned.
Don't bother. I've  now deleted the registry entries for those extensions - they're back to default, with full info.
(07-30-2016, 08:35 AM)Japo Wrote: So you’ve got obscure types in video properties that no-one’s ever heard of, like RM and RMVB, yet MP4 – the popular video format in existence – is no-where to be seen! Plus no VOB, WMV, MOV, M4V or TS.

There are custom Thumbnail Types, so why not Properties? just doesn’t make sense. It certainly makes NO sense not to include the types I mentioned.

ah you remind me bro.. back then when most of anime video were .rmvb types, also my preference over mp4.. using real media player..
ah nostalgic old times.. memory oh memory...
Japo,
The reason why the property handler does not work with custom file types is because the file types are implemented in an entirely different way than 
their thumbnailing counterparts. 

The thumbnail provider uses FFmpeg to decode and extract frames from the files.
The property handler uses individual custom written file parsers to extract all the file information.

I had to do it this way to properly accommodate the guidelines set up by Microsoft for the implementation of Property Handlers,
as well as making the property parsers faster, more flexible and extensible to possibly convert them into property editors in 
future versions of Icaros. 

But I'm glad you got it working. 
Btw, if you want to make sure all your media file types in your registry are in their 
original state, you can use the "Reset native filetypes" option on the TOOLS page of IcarosConfig. 

moevora,
Asia is actually still pretty fond of these formats which is why I have them well supported in Icaros. ;)
Thanks for the explanation, Xanashi. We do tend to get sucked into this obsessive, navel-gazing ‘You shall work as I command, otherwise I’ll get angry!’ stuff on our machines.

I thumped my fist on the table long ago, and I’m quite calm now.
(08-17-2016, 06:31 AM)Japo Wrote: Thanks for the explanation, Xanashi. We do tend to get sucked into this obsessive, navel-gazing ‘You shall work as I command, otherwise I’ll get angry!’ stuff on our machines.

I thumped my fist on the table long ago, and I’m quite calm now.

No problem, Japo. I know exactly what you mean. ;)

I'll just consider it a feature request for future versions of Icaros. :D