-->>Setup and usage<<--          
QuickTime Poster Frames Display?
I tried to attach one file where this was happening, but despite the forum saying that I have unlimited attachment space, after waiting twenty minutes for it to upload, the system then told me it was too big (71.6 MB) to upload!
Sad
Some of the .mov files which show the problem use the old Sorensen 3 codec, but I don't know if that's part of the issue.
Smile
Could you perhaps upload the sample to something like mediafire, dropbox or datafilehost, and then post the link to the file here?
Thanks for taking the time. :)
OK Xanashi, I've uploaded the file to Dropbox here -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ktzj8xp3fa2is...s.mov?dl=0

It's an originally .mp4 movie, edited and re-saved as a .mov file using QuickTime Pro.
The poster frame, which displays fine in QuickTime Player and in the Windows XP Explorer, should be this -

What Icaros is displaying is this -

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Dave.
Smile
Hi Xanashi.
It's been a while, so just wondered if you got my file OK, and did you find what the issue was?
Is it fixed in version 3?
Cheers,
Dave.
Smile
Hi Dave-H,

Sorry for the long wait!

I got your file, and looked at the code one more time, and simply couldn't determine the problem.
The stored 'poster time' is 38 secs, but the frame iTunes grabs is from 40 secs.
I can't seem to figure out where iTunes get the additional 2 seconds. 

I will be looking at this again soon, once the next beta build has been released.
Hi Xanashi, I was beginning to think that you'd forgotten about me!
Big Grin
The poster frame is indeed 38 seconds in, but the frame that's being shown by Icaros is two seconds before the poster frame, not two seconds after! Is that what you actually meant?
Cheers, Dave.
Smile
Don't worry, I have a fairly persistent memory (with certain things) ;)

Wait, when I open up your file in MPC-HC and jump to 0:38 seconds (frame 1137), I get the image that Icaros shows in Explorer.
If I then jump to 0:40 seconds (frame 1194), I get the frame shown in iTunes.

Isn't that the same for you? :3
Right, sorry!
I'm not sure how you view a video file in iTunes, I've only ever used it for sound files.
I've tried adding the video file to my iTunes library, and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere.
Sad
I just view the thumbnail in iTunes, since I don't have quicktime installed, but I believe it shows the same thumbnail in both QT and iTunes.

The point of my previous post was that if you open the file in MPC-HC (or another player), and jump to 38 seconds (frame 1137),
it should show you the same frame as Icaros generates.
However if you jump to 40 seconds (frame 1194), it will show you the frame that QT uses as thumbnail.

I just don't understand how QT gets this time offset, when the poster time in the files metadata says 0:38. :/
So iTunes must be showing a different frame to the QuickTime Player.
Sorry to be stupid, but could you explain to me how to show the thumbnail in iTunes, I can't see how you do it!