-->>Setup and usage<<--          
R/W Permission for Cache location
Greetings & gratitude!!!

Upon selecting an alternate location for my cache on a faster disk with more space, I get a warning/confirmation about the location having the wrong permissions... things might not work, etc.  No where am I able to find any mention of (nor reference to) the "correct" permissions (that doesn't mean the info isn't in plain sight- just that I can't see/recognize it!).  I can't identify any clues as to whether my permissions are too strict or too lax.  I've taken several blind "stabs" at various settings without success (NOT having that warning message confront me)- but I don't even know which user account needs to be adjusted (SYSTEM, Administrators & Me all have FULL CONTROL).

Anyway, I would very much appreciate any guidance, assistance or direction that anyone would be gracious enough to provide!!!

Thank you so much!  I apologize in advance if the answers are totally obvious or right under my nose...

This issue arose immediately after installing (during initial configuration) of the latest release  (that I saw: v3.0 RC4) on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (ASUS Sabertooth x58, i7 3.0MHz, 18GB DDR3)
Hi AuralArch,

Sorry for the confusion in regards to this error message, I can see how it's not completely transparent what it is 
complaining about.

Basically the IcarosCache needs to be accessible by a process that Windows spawns everytime something is thumbnailed.
This process is a very limited system process that can only access folders that gives readwrite/full permissions to the "Users" group.
It's designed this way to prevent malicious software from exploiting the thumbnail mechanism in Windows Explorer.

Anyway depending on your account permissions and UAC settings, it's not always required to have the "Users" permissions set
to allow the IcarosCache to work, which is why the error says "things might not work". 

But if you make sure your "Users" group has permissions to the cache folder, then everything should work as desired. ;)
(03-20-2016, 03:01 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi AuralArch,

Sorry for the confusion in regards to this error message...

... But if you make sure your "Users" group has permissions to the cache folder, then everything should work as desired. Wink

Super!  Got it- that makes complete, "safe" sense...  Thank you so much for the UBER-fast response.

Exactly what I needed to know!  (I was totally over-thinking/over-complicating that one...)

Cheers!
Great, and just let me know if you run into any problems. ;)