-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Request: correcting errors Cache
Proposes to make the "correct Cache"

IcarosCache folder I have 2,68GB size, and system folder another 611 megabytes. This is due to 583GB of video files with the contents of nearly 10,000 video files. I periodically modify the content and correct errors, so some information may be outdated in the cache. This button would make it possible to compare existing data and ustarevishe, and then reduce the size of the cache.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-05-2016, 12:27 PM)Dolmatov Wrote: Proposes to make the "correct Cache"

IcarosCache folder I have 2,68GB size, and system folder another 611 megabytes. This is due to 583GB of video files with the contents of nearly 10,000 video files. I periodically modify the content and correct errors, so some information may be outdated in the cache. This button would make it possible to compare existing data and ustarevishe, and then reduce the size of the cache.

To clean up the IcarosCache, you can use the "Rebuild Cache" button on the CACHE page. 
This will remove any thumbnails from the IcarosCache, that are no longer present in any of the 'Cache Locations'.

This doesn't work well with dynamically stored files unfortunately, due to the fact that windows doesn't tell Icaros the file location of the thumbnails,
so Icaros can't determine if these files have been deleted since the time they were thumbnailed. If that makes any sense. :D

I've created an option to keep dynamically created thumbnails, while using the "Rebuild Cache" function, so it only remove files which is 
definitely no longer present in Explorer.
It will be implemented in one of the upcoming beta builds. I'm currently working on several improvements to the IcarosCache. :)
(08-17-2016, 05:08 AM) pid=\39150' Wrote:Thanks for the answer, it will be interesting to know works correctly in the latest release of the 10's considering operation with cache
Yeah, there is still quite a few things, which I will have to test on Windows 10.
File Explorers behavior is changing a bit too frequent for my liking in Win10. ;)