-->>Setup and usage<<--          
"Selected folder does not have the proper R/W permissions" crashes everything
I moved the cache to my SSD (M:\) and when I try to save the folder location, I get "The selected folder does not have the proper Read/Write permissions to use as a Cache Location. The Icaros Cache may not work if this location is used"

I click "Yes" to accept, and everything stops working. Clicking "Build Cache" gives me "Indexing Completed Successfully" with NaN % Progress and 0/0 Completed. 

The problem is that I don't know what permissions it's looking for. I've given the folder full control to "Everyone" and "Authenticated Users" and it's still failing. Moreover, now I can't set it to any other folder anywhere that works. 

I had installed 3.0.0.0 when this started, but I uninstalled, restarted, and installed 3.0.1 RC1 ... and it's still got my M:\ location and still failing. 

What permissions do I need to set on the folder?
The folder needs to have read/write permissions for the 'Users' group. 

I'm not sure why you can't select another cache directory though. Does it give you an error?

Anyway try adding the 'Users' group and see if that fixes the problem.
(01-22-2017, 01:07 PM)Xanashi Wrote: The folder needs to have read/write permissions for the 'Users' group. 

I'm not sure why you can't select another cache directory though. Does it give you an error?

Anyway try adding the 'Users' group and see if that fixes the problem.

Sorry - what I meant was that I can change the cache location, but it doesn't matter where I set it. 

I gave the "Users" group Write permissions - same problem
Gave the "Users" group Full Control - same problem

Also, when I click "Clear Cache" Icaros crashes (in every case).
Hmm... sounds like a bug. Let me just do a bit of testing. 
What system are you currently on?
Oh, and does the event log give any details on the crash?
(01-22-2017, 01:22 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Hmm... sounds like a bug. Let me just do a bit of testing. 

I get the same thing, but not a crash. Just the message erroe 01x0, and the rebuild cache process stops. I check the folder and can find nothing wrong in permissions. And Icaros will not 'rebuild cache', in fact I am not sure the cache rebuild has ever worked for me. Windows 10.
(01-30-2017, 05:46 AM)mackerman Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 01:22 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Hmm... sounds like a bug. Let me just do a bit of testing. 

I get the same thing, but not a crash. Just the message erroe 01x0, and the rebuild cache process stops. I check the folder and can find nothing wrong in permissions.  And Icaros will not 'rebuild cache', in fact I am not sure the cache rebuild has ever worked for me. Windows 10.

tried with new beta build, 3.02 beta 1, still same problem