-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Stopped Working (Win7)
Exclamation 
Icaros was working fine until yesterday in a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 (x64), but now new .mkv files are not showing thumbnails, while old ones kept the thumbnails.

Rebuilt icon cache and re-registered .dll files manually.

Uninstalled 2.3.0 and installed 3.0.0 and no change.

Compared two files (working/old vs not-working/new) and the properties are similar (MKV, AVC, AAC, even same profile, resolution, fps).
(10-17-2016, 09:02 AM)liyin Wrote: Icaros was working fine until yesterday in a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 (x64), but now new .mkv files are not showing thumbnails, while old ones kept the thumbnails.

Rebuilt icon cache and re-registered .dll files manually.

Uninstalled 2.3.0 and installed 3.0.0 and no change.

Compared two files (working/old vs not-working/new) and the properties are similar (MKV, AVC, AAC, even same profile, resolution, fps).

Hi liyin,

Hmm... I haven't had any other reports of this particular problem. 
Have you installed any other software recently?
Do you have a sample of one of the files that doesn't produce a thumbnail, that I could take a look at?
(11-13-2016, 10:12 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi liyin,

Hmm... I haven't had any other reports of this particular problem. 
Have you installed any other software recently?
Do you have a sample of one of the files that doesn't produce a thumbnail, that I could take a look at?

When it happened, the videos still had their thumbnails in cache so I noticed with new videos not getting thumbnails.

The properties of the videos are very similar like I mentioned before.

It is an issue I've had over the years with Windows 7 SP1, but I'm not sure what is causing it.

It could be a registry issue, maybe when uninstalling a program some registries were removed, but trying to fix the registry and resetting Icaros has not been successful.

Since then, I've moved to Windows 8.1 and is working fine.

I'm also checking what is deleted when uninstalling other applications.
I am having a similar issue on Windows 7 (64x).  Icaros 3.00 launches, but then crashes after about 10 seconds.  Fortunately, it corrected my mp4 thumbnails before it did.  I have tried four or five times with the same effect.  Just wanted to relay that.  Thanks.
(11-16-2016, 07:27 AM)liyin Wrote: When it happened, the videos still had their thumbnails in cache so I noticed with new videos not getting thumbnails.

The properties of the videos are very similar like I mentioned before.

It is an issue I've had over the years with Windows 7 SP1, but I'm not sure what is causing it.

It could be a registry issue, maybe when uninstalling a program some registries were removed, but trying to fix the registry and resetting Icaros has not been successful.

Since then, I've moved to Windows 8.1 and is working fine.

I'm also checking what is deleted when uninstalling other applications.

When you said that you tried resetting Icaros, did you also try using the 'Reset Native Filetypes' buttons on the 'Tools' page of IcarosConfig?
This has worked for me on multiple occasions where my thumbnails has been stuck. :/
(12-18-2016, 10:21 PM)jstevemd Wrote: I am having a similar issue on Windows 7 (64x).  Icaros 3.00 launches, but then crashes after about 10 seconds.  Fortunately, it corrected my mp4 thumbnails before it did.  I have tried four or five times with the same effect.  Just wanted to relay that.  Thanks.

What exactly crashes? Is it the thumbnail provider that crashes during thumbnailing? or is it IcarosConfig? The Property handler?