-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Strip HDR information on the fly..
Hi,

Just wondering if this is possible. A lot of the movies I have are HDR, my TV right now does not support HDR (2014 4K tv). I plan on replacing it in a few years but, it works fine now.

The problem is, these movies have very poor color when being played back. Most of these movies are H265 or H264 MKV files. 2k and 4K movies... I've been using Shark007 advanced codecs for years, they work great and allow me to play everything in Windows Media Center.

I know there is a way to strip it from the movie, I want to keep the information in the file but, strip it when playing back so when I DO GET a HDR TV, I can enjoy them more.

Thanks !
(10-22-2018, 01:13 PM)DavidinCT Wrote: Hi,

Just wondering if this is possible.  A lot of the movies I have are HDR, my TV right now does not support HDR (2014 4K tv). I plan on replacing it in a few years but, it works fine now.

The problem is, these movies have very poor color when being played back. Most of these movies are H265 or H264 MKV files.  2k and 4K movies... I've been using Shark007 advanced codecs for years, they work great and allow me to play everything in Windows Media Center.

I know there is a way to strip it from the movie, I want to keep the information in the file but, strip it when playing back so when I DO GET a HDR TV, I can enjoy them more.

Thanks !

Bump ! is this even possible ?