[Image: 2iqcmy8.png]

[Image: 9biw6w.png]

[Image: 1twxp1.png]

[Image: w6zgo6.png]

[Image: 2enntsg.png]

[Image: 14171gw.png]

LAV subtitles:

[Image: 2akeal2.png]

Changing the subtitle control will make WMP not wanting to play the MKV's anymore.
Subtitles are integrated into MKV.
W7Pro64
If you disabled UAC, you are causing your own problems.
otherwise, read this thread...
http://shark007.net/forum/Thread-Need-he...-subtitles
No disabled UAC, although 'I' am not an administrator. For that I have a different user account that will give me a 'sudo' popup when needed. For example I run the settings application as administrator most of the times.

So I removed everything from computer. Installed the newest Shark007 pack and in the installation unchecked DirectVobSub. Afterwards reset to Shark007 suggested and verified Media Foundation was disabled. Still no subtitles.
W7Pro64
sorry to see that you misunderstood that post I directed you to.
I instructed him the remove DiriectVobSub because he installed it separately from the codec pack.

You need DirectVobSub to display the subtitles.
On the Help TAB is a button to [Modify the codec installation]
That should let you re-add DirectVobSub
Ah, my bad. I added it to the installation again. Reset + suggested. Still no subs.
W7Pro64
copied from the post I directed you to earlier...

"If the file is MP4, go to that TAB is my App and choose to disable Media Foundation for MP4.
There are similar selections for AVI and MKV, etc."
Yes that didn't work either. On the MKV tab WMF keeps switching back to on, but on the swap tab it is disabled. So I hope that is global.

I just changed something on accident, sub were appearing. Now trying to find out what I did with reset + suggested as start again. Something wrong I guess.
I do remember that it activated Haali somehow, but LAV was still used for MKV.
W7Pro64
A surefire solution would be to use the MPC-BE player I redistribute on my Tools page.
No settings required. Just install and use.
Seems like LAV fails to activate DirectVobSub or so while Haali does activate it.

Any downside to using Haali for MKV from now on?
W7Pro64
(02-20-2017, 12:41 PM)Saturnus Wrote: Seems like LAV fails to activate DirectVobSub or so while Haali does activate it.

Any downside to using Haali for MKV from now on?

It doesnt handle H265 but you should be fine. (until you're not. lol)