-->>Setup and usage<<--          
.TAK audio file type support
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to have this audio file type being supported by Icaros, both thumbnailing & properties?
This file type supports tags and embedded covers just like FLAC does.

Thanks
Thumbnailing already works, I've been using it for a while now. Just add tak to the file types in icaros config. I'd like to see metadata support though, tak uses APEv2 tags, just like wavpack, musepack and ape. So I think implementing it for all four of them should be easy.
Weird because I don't get any thumbnails for the .tak files I've.
Explorer is trying but not generating anything.
Looks like a regression. I just updated to 2.2.6 and it broke .tak cover display. Too bad I don't know which version I used before >_<

edit: installing the 2.3.0a2 gets them to work again.
I just tested a tak file with APE tags (including a cover image) with 2.2.6,
and it worked just fine here.

Lenmaer, do you have a sample I could take a look at?

Adding property support should be doable, I just need to check out the tak specifications. ;)
TAK is closed source unfortunately, but ffmpeg has a reverse-engineered decoder for it, complete with tagging afaik. At least I know deadbeef on linux is able to play and extract track data from it using ffmpeg.

I know this is a thread about TAK, but what about wavpack? It uses APEv2 as well (and contrary to TAK, is completely open source)
(09-13-2014, 01:34 PM)Soukyuu Wrote: TAK is closed source unfortunately, but ffmpeg has a reverse-engineered decoder for it, complete with tagging afaik. At least I know deadbeef on linux is able to play and extract track data from it using ffmpeg.

I know this is a thread about TAK, but what about wavpack? It uses APEv2 as well (and contrary to TAK, is completely open source)

I'm currently looking at the FFmpeg implementation.
I'll see if I can get tak support added before the next release.

Well, if users would like wavpack support too, I don't mind checking that out, once I'm done with the tak implementation.
(09-13-2014, 12:43 PM)Xanashi Wrote: I just tested a tak file with APE tags (including a cover image) with 2.2.6,
and it worked just fine here.

Lenmaer, do you have a sample I could take a look at?

Adding property support should be doable, I just need to check out the tak specifications. Wink

Sure, here's a sample https://mega.co.nz/#!woEU1CIJ!SqfHCcmWpE...H4EqctJYt4

Btw I also noticed that FLAC (or any other audio) files don't show the Bit depth in the properties.
But now we can buy Hi-Res (24Bit/96KHz) Albums & Singles on the internet, like that .tak file I linked.
Adding the sampling rates might be nice too in audio properties.
Thanks for the sample.

IIRC, Bit Depth is not a default system property, so would you like me to add it as a custom property?

The sampling rate however, is already showing in the properties, under the Audio section.
Unfortunately, Explorer doesn't do a very good job at displaying it in detail.
If I provide it with the value 44100, it simply displays it as 44 kHz. :/
(09-13-2014, 02:31 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Thanks for the sample.

IIRC, Bit Depth is not a default system property, so would you like me to add it as a custom property?

The sampling rate however, is already showing in the properties, under the Audio section.
Unfortunately, Explorer doesn't do a very good job at displaying it in detail.
If I provide it with the value 44100, it simply displays it as 44 kHz. :/

Sure, a custom property would be fine for the Bit Depth.
As for the sample rates, I think 44, 48, 96, 192 kHz is fine if shown like that in the properties.